Phase voltage in delta connection

it is given that phase voltage is the voltage between phase and neutral point and in delta connected circuit phase voltage is equal to line voltage. how it can be verified that line and phase voltage are equal in delta which has no neutral point.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The term 'Phase Voltage' refers to the voltage across each load in a balanced circuit. 'Line Voltage' refers to the voltage between any two incoming lines (Red, Yellow, Blue).
    In a delta circuit the three loads or connected in a triangle with one phase connected to each apex.
    So, both Phase voltage and Line Voltage are measured across each load and will be equal.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • pinank
    pinank
    Phase voltage is the voltage developed across the phase of the load/source. So if u c in a delta connection, the phase voltage equal line voltage

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, starting this thread to report Error and Bugs here on CE Recently, using mobile I've seen this. When I click on image of any CEan who appears in Engineers...
Left part of our brain is generally associated with logic where as right part is associated with creativity. Being an Engineer, I think most of us would use a greater...
Flipkart has announced the launch of Flipkart First - a premium customer subscription service that treats the users as VIPs. While there is no information available about the subscription charges,...
Researchers at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, California had taken first step towards creating a new microbial life that are not known anywhere on the planet earth. The...
The Israelis have reinvented the wheel; and this time it's been redesigned to absorb shocks for smooth and soft rides. Gilad Wolf, a farmer, broke his pelvis about 6 years...