Pen is Mightier than the Sword

CEans, Do you believe that "pen is mightier than the sword"? why or why not???

Replies

• Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    I do not believe it so. There are some people who unless get a good thrashing from someone refuse to improve and listen to what is right.

As a Hindi saying goes "Laaton ke bhoot baaton se nahi mante."
    Meaning: "People who do not give in to talks, do understand only with kicks."

But of course a pen has always been a great weapon for the common man.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    this statement is good ofcourse true in older days
    but considering now a days pen is useless because what ever we write nothing will be done because every thing can be done with money
    so in my view both are waste guns are most suited for today's life ๐Ÿ˜
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Yes I do believe in this statement because someone will spill the beans of the hidden truth someday and the truth is the most important thing and only can be done by pen and not by sword and nor you can hide the truth with a sword.

Good Example : Wikileaks.
  • divya kumari
    divya kumari
    yes i too believe this. A journalist can do thing with his pen which we cant do with a sword
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    If you still support sword then ask james bond for his pen.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Best example is Anna Hazare's awareness... Pen is really mightier than sword... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There is Tamil poet sage Thiruvalluvar one of whose couplet translates as:
    Whatever else a person leaves unguarded, let him guard the tongue; otherwise misery will ensue to him haunted by his flawed words.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    I thin Pen is Mightier than the Sword, but the Computer is Mightier than the Pen!
    Blogging is mightiest!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Single post, will spread worldwide with the help of Google! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    praveenscience
    Blogging is mightiest!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Single post, will spread worldwide with the help of Google! ๐Ÿ˜€
    The Thumb is mighter than the Pen...Main Reason: the Prime Minister's Thumb is what you need to initialize a bomb...๐Ÿ˜’
    Now-a-days pens are worthless...๐Ÿ˜›
    Bomb??? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Dude, no terrorism here... ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    praveenscience
    Bomb??? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Dude, no terrorism here... ๐Ÿ˜›
    It's just the fact dude. By the time someone authenticates the need for war or a threat, the prime minister can just thumb his briefcase to unleash the power!!!
    What briefcase? You mean money? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Hey, the Prime Minister of India walks around with a briefcase which has the atomic button...all it needs is his thumb impression!!!
    What does it do? What is it for?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I don't know much, but check this out #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hope not... This is my opinion. Nothing destruction will be fine... And the information in the link is awful... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    praveenscience
    Hope not... This is my opinion. Nothing destruction will be fine... And the information in the link is awful... ๐Ÿ˜”
    I'ven't done a research on the Nuclear Briefcase. But you might have seen the Prime Minister of India arrive for the Funeral of K. Karunakaran (one of the Oldest Congress Men in India). The Prime Minister arrived with a security personnel who carried a Black Briefcase, which is assumed to have the Atomic Button. Indian Defence does not let out all the secrets you know.
    Oki... Now what does the Atomic Button do?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    praveenscience
    Oki... Now what does the Atomic Button do?
    It is said to be the quickest authentication to declare the launch of the unmanned missile (probabily an atom bomb) stored somewhere, to which ever target that is required. I've seen the movie 'Salt' in which the President authenticates his handprint onto a briefcase for the sole purpose of declaring war. A set of protocols are then executed along with the approval from the Defence for the purpose of launching the war.
    It won't be used on us right???
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    praveenscience
    It won't be used on us right???
    Nope, unless a Firewall occurs and sabotages the entire mission!!!
    Firewall? Mission? ATF WTH??? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    People! In which wold are you all living? Our PM is already on his death bed. (He is 78 right? ) At this ripe old age, does he have any energy to kill anyone even with the help of his thumb? ๐Ÿ˜

I think he does not have energy to do that. Just kidding, People are already using blogs and ms word, anyway who uses pen in 21st century? ๐Ÿ˜’
    That's what even I am saying. Blogs are mightier than pen... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    praveenscience
    That's what even I am saying. Blogs are mightier than pen... ๐Ÿ˜€
    In that case, Facebook/Twitter will out-smart any Blog!!!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    atf
    In that case, Facebook/Twitter will out-smart any Blog!!!
    It already has. Has anyone of you gone through the words *Jasmine revolution*? ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Please Enlighten us!!!
    ishutopre
    *Jasmine revolution*
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    An average age of a Tunisian is said to be one dictator and a half. A dictator in Tunisia reigns for approximately 30 years. So a person would see full reign of a dictator and half of his successor.

Jasmine revolution refers to the revolution which took place in 1987 and brought Zine El Abidine Ben Ali to power. Recently he was deposed due to same revolution. Chinese are nowadays trying hard to suppress a possible uprising. The communist government in China gets crazy by mention of Jasmine revolution.

Such a type of revolution has taken place because of social networking sites like facebook in modern era.

The above are some facts about Jasmine revolution. Amazing aren't they? There is a lot to be talked about it, still due to my limitations, I restrict myself to a small length of post.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    ishutopre
    An average age of a Tunisian is said to be one dictator and a half. A dictator in Tunisia reigns for approximately 30 years. So a person would see full reign of a dictator and half of his successor.

Jasmine revolution refers to the revolution which took place in 1987 and brought Zine El Abidine Ben Ali to power. Recently he was deposed due to same revolution. Chinese are nowadays trying hard to suppress a possible uprising. The communist government in China gets crazy by mention of Jasmine revolution.

Such a type of revolution has taken place because of social networking sites like facebook in modern era.

The above are some facts about Jasmine revolution. Amazing aren't they? There is a lot to be talked about it, still due to my limitations, I restrict myself to a small length of post.
    How do you see the evident changes with the advent of Facebook with respect to the Jasmine Revolution?? Please explain your point.

I'm using a Nokia C5, and recently i've seen an addition to the 'Contacts' in which there is an option called 'Facebook' which says to 'Match as Friend'. So now you can imagine the amount of importance that Facebook has given to reaching the common masses. It works even free with Reliance and Airtel Live. I don't think a better revolution is possible. Well, it is, but not so soon. And if Facebook decides, it can easily develop its current edition of Facebook and create something better than Google+ in terms of the concept.
    Well, The case with the Facebook and the Twitter is, the user needs to be registered to view the content. Blogs are not like that. So Blogs Rock! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    MIND : The Greatest Battlefield

If you consider the 'Pen' to be 'Power' and the 'Sword' to be 'Might', then definitely both do not stand a chance against the 'Mind', because, "The Mind is the Greatest Battlefield"๐Ÿ˜
  • scottaleger
    scottaleger
    Yes I agree for "pen is mightier than the sword" . You can see any reporter or News publisher
  • bohar
    bohar
    it is true statement but there may be different case where it can't work because of money ..with the help of money people can do everything....but in case of court statement given by judge where pen has more power.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Is 'The Pen still mightier than the Sword" even in the year 2012?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    In starting wars and signing unilateral treaties to humiliate other nations and to encourage terrorism yeah Pen is still mightier than sword

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to install chat(between users) feature. How can it be done in joomla cms?
this ones a simple debate . Can someone be desperate enough to refer to brain dumps and not do it the right way? everyone knows that braindumps are stolen exam...
Harry Potter fans rejoice! The final installation of the popular HP series is ready to roll. Watch this trailer - [video=youtube;mObK5XD8udk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mObK5XD8udk&feature=player_embedded[/video]
This series seems interesting: CR4 - Blog Entry: The Scientific Method - Part I (Origin Story: Pre-Socratics) CR4 - Blog Entry: The Scientific Method CR4 - Blog Entry: The Scientific...
Those who follow news channels will agree with me that the media, especially the Television seems to have taken the 'corruption & scam' as their top agenda item. One after...