Pen drive Project Help

Hi all,
I have a project using a pen drive. i want to store data in it, which can be read in any system but can't be formatted or over write. pleas help.
s.k.sahoo

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    s.k.sahoo
    Hi all,
    I have a project using a pen drive. i want to store data in it, which can be read in any system but can't be formatted or over write. pleas help.
    s.k.sahoo
    This is actually not possible under default situations. Alternatively you can do one thing. In Windows XP, you can go to the drive properties - Hardware - Select the USB Drive - Properties - Policies - select Optimize for performance and click on ok.

Now format it using NTFS file system. Give permission only to read / write and block for format. Hope it solves your problem... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I have implemented a wind farm in Digsilent Power Factory, and now Ι am trying to run some simulations and see how the output power generated from the wind...
I remember during my college days, my friend from Industrial engineer would modify his motorcycle [Yamaha RX-100] every 15 days and add something new. He'd done all kinds of tweaks...
There are so many motorcycles in Indian market that it's always difficult to choose the best one. Why not collect first hand information from all our CEans about the best...
Can anyone post a simply graphic design code in c or c++? (the output of the code should look like a design(example:name or ball shape)
It happens with me many time that I had to copy some files from my pen drive to our college lab and the moment I plugged in my pen drive,...