PCB schematic design

Can anyone tell me about any software for PCB schematic design that has the complete library of components.
I have tried two software - Eagle 5.7.0 which does not have library of such a simple microcontroller like AT89S52 and for simple photodiodes. Another was ExpressPCB which does not have L293D motor driver in its library.

Please tell me about a software that is easy to use and has all the component libraries.

Also please tell me about designing of PCB schematic on topics like the width of tracks on it etc... or please refer me any link for the same..

Replies

• just2rock
    just2rock
    Go and check with NE design software ,best industry standard with schematic design with layer & track design,but its very costly
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    try the latest version of multisim. it even gives analysis of circuits.
  • Codes Guides
    Codes Guides
    Track width will vary according to the power being run through the track and the capabilities of your PCB manufacturer. Usually 10 mil is fine for most low-power stuff, but you might need up to 50+ mil for high-power stuff like amp-level relays.

- CG
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • raju6177
    raju6177
    pratik20990
    Can anyone tell me about any software for PCB schematic design that has the complete library of components.
    I have tried two software - Eagle 5.7.0 which does not have library of such a simple microcontroller like AT89S52 and for simple photodiodes. Another was ExpressPCB which does not have L293D motor driver in its library.

Please tell me about a software that is easy to use and has all the component libraries.

Also please tell me about designing of PCB schematic on topics like the width of tracks on it etc... or please refer me any link for the same..
    yes,proteus software are use for pcb desing
  • Codex Guides
    Codex Guides
    In response to your initial question, there is no design software that I know of that has a "complete" set of components in the library. A few may be more 'complete' than others.

There are a couple of reason for this, not least of which is that there are always new devices coming out. So, despite having libraries of several thousand components, it's impossible to have *everything* in the software libraries. They're out of date the day they're published.

OrCAD had, at one point, a system where the libraries were all on-line, and were (hopefully) continuously updated. This would be as close as you could get to totally complete.

The easiest/best thing may be to create your own schematic symbols and PCB footprints for the devices you want to use. That's what most everybody does, still.

- CG
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    i use PROTEL its very user friendly also. i like it.
  • sasuke
    sasuke
    I also use protel
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    I use Protel. In facts, in the protel don't have many libraries like the microcontroller, but you need to be creative. In design PCB, I don't need to do simulation, so I can change the microcontroller with just connector. I like protel because it's friendly user. You can learn step-by-step #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Black Stick
    Black Stick
    Altium has a fairly extensive library of components built into it - and can import simulation files also.

For trace width calculations we have a free calculator you can use - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • alireza.mirzaie
    alireza.mirzaie
    I am a student.please tell me how to start my first learning?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    pratik20990

Pratik, you can check for additional Eagle libraries here:

#-Link-Snipped-#

I see a library for "AT89S52" there.
  • vimal287250
    vimal287250
    go and check on diptrace pcb design software.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All I would like to share " Electric Bike Buyer's Guide " with you all , it might be useful for our fellow friends Electric Bicycle Buyer's Guide from...
If you want to have a background music on your website.just use this tag.The music will automatically start as soon as the page loads
Being a adherent admirer of this fictions master-mind right after reading 'HOUND OF BASKERVILLE" as school suppliemntary, I was amazed in which this movie was pictured. There are no high-technicalities...
why digital signals require large bandwidths as compared to analog signals?😁😁
I want to prepare a video tutorial. I will show in it how to do certain things on computer. How to prepare it?