PayTm Service Review: Recharge Your Mobile Online

I recently used PayTm to recharge my mobile and here's a review of the service. I first used PayTm few months ago and at that time a recharge of Rs. 400 went waste. I don't know why it didn't work at that time; but it works fine now. What I liked the most about PayTm is its clean and clutter free interface that does not cramp everything in on the page. You've to click through multiple pages to complete the process; but it's worth considering the peace of mind.

First you are asked for your phone number and then the service quickly determines your operator and location. Then it asks you to enter the special recharge or top up amount. The service didn't show me the relevant top-up amounts for Tata Docomo; and I had to enter it on my own. Then the service shows you various offers from its partners and also allows you to enter coupon code, if you have any. Then the service asks you to choose your payment preference.

Surprisingly, the payment gateways aren't reliable! I had to make two attempts, first with debit card and then with Netbanking to make it work. Netbanking worked fine and the recharge was credited within 30 seconds.

Overall: The service is nice. But the payment gateway might just need a re-look.

Just wondering, how does this service compare to Freecharge.in?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just stumbled upon an Android App for the service: #-Link-Snipped-# 👍
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I have used freecharge.in, and it's quite good.

I haven't used PayTm. Will use it the next time, so that I can compare both.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google is working on Apple Siri competitor and is calling it 'Majel'. Apple recently shocked the world with the extra-awesome capabilities of voice enabled assistant in Apple iPhone 4S called...
If you really like the "watch thread" option on the revamped CE Forum & are addicted to alerts (like me 😁 ) you would like to bother about how to...
The markets are open and the hardware is evolving at a faster rate than ever before. You might have used your Nokia rugged phone that did phone calls and texts...
Wikipedia says, Cloudflare is a CDN and distributed DNS service aimed at enhancing website performance and speed and providing security People say it gives resources to small sites that were...
Saw this question in a friend's question paper & was unable to answer. Could someone shed some light on what is the exact difference between the two? 👀