Pay vs Freedom at Work - What would you prefer?

This is for all those engineers who are working in both MNCs, and start-ups. I've heard that most of them don't like the jobs that they are doing. Is it true? How many of you would prefer a high paid job and sacrifice your freedom and creative thinking ability, and go for work; or would you rather work with a lesser salary, but at a place which offers better opportunities to exhibit your skills?

Discuss! 👍

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, if someone can't find out an alternative to making a living, why not just start loving your current job? I think that strategy should work for everyone.

Freedom and Pay shouldn't be connected. I'd only enjoy freedom when I'm paid well.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, if someone can't find out an alternative to making a living, why not just start loving your current job? I think that strategy should work for everyone.

Freedom and Pay shouldn't be connected. I'd only enjoy freedom when I'm paid well.
    Yes , but everything should not be measured by money in my opinion , a promising start-up will never pay you high , you will learn more and Knowledge is power, and it surely promises to be a more comfortable work environment and a wide variety of work to work on .

End of the day , All you have to do is to work dedicated to the organisation you are employed , rather than aiming at MNC's all time

One should understand all Companies grew from being small before becoming big MNCs , and Employee retaining capacity is their strength.

Employees today do not understand the value of staying with growing organization and not leave it just because another company is offering more salary in my view.
  • Divya Nair
    Divya Nair
    Gandalf
    Yes , but everything should not be measured by money in my opinion , a promising start-up will never pay you high , you will learn more and Knowledge is power, and it surely promises to be a more comfortable work environment and a wide variety of work to work on .

End of the day , All you have to do is to work dedicated to the organisation you are employed , rather than aiming at MNC's all time

One should understand all Companies grew from being small before becoming big MNCs , and Employee retaining capacity is their strength.

Employees today do not understand the value of staying with growing organization and not leave it just because another company is offering more salary in my view.
    morever it's the job security
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    divya nair
    morever it's the job security
    In my view if you work your heart out for any organisation , No organisation will leave you behind in any ways

Job security is a concern for those who do not want to improve and make a continuous effort on the job they are in and corner of the mind feel i am working in a backward organisation, with this thought your mind will not work dedicated for the organisation
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    My view is that you can be creative in whatever situation you are in. If your current company is not on a creative path then you must radiate creativity and innovation. Its the same challenge I had when I started my job and it is an ongoing challenge. I have taken it upon myself to slowly inject the culture of creative thinking in my workplace because then it becomes easier for me to be creative.
  • Lalit77
    Lalit77
    High salaried jobs which give you freedom for creative thinking are the choice of most.But most of the time main nut comes in your job is your boss.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Go for money first, when accumulated a considerable amount, kick ass the company and start over your own. See it this way, you come home after a days job and want to go to a club or a fancy spa but guess what, no money bro 😔 for startups, if they are sure they can handle own business, go for it. Else move into liking your job for some time till you are capable of changing what you dont like there
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    The rising job security issues and unemployment scenario forces many people to stick in to whatever jobs they have. At present, people work mostly for survival. Growing up in career takes time and effort, unless you can really impress your management. There's no easy way out, and often freedom is left at the mercy of your boss!
  • Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    The person whe had not any skill,degree,personality ,he started business once and now he is world famous businessman.At presnt all student are doing personality class ,persuing degree for getting job in dat businessman company.

this is what the present scenario n its sucks.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    None of these. Can you include fifth option?

It's not possible that all the souls in the world works as entrepreneur. So the folks not running their own business have to work under someone.

Anyways, the thing is the options given are not for the question Pay VS Freedom.
    I would like to have pay with freedom (rather choice between pay and freedom)

-CB
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    crazyboy
    I would like to have pay with freedom (rather choice between pay and freedom)

-CB
    Bingo!!! That's the attitude!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Entrepreneurship != Freedom. Entrepreneur basically works under his/her customers - and the customers are no-nonsense bosses (#FirstHandExperience).

So - freedom is basically being able to do the work of your choice and 'Pay' is what keeps you going.
  • Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    To lead quality life n to fulfill purpose ,everybody need to do hard work whether it is student life or in company.whether you are Entrepreneur or employees .in both condition you have to suffer extra pressure.if you are Entrepreneur,you are force to take perfect decision for company progress and loads of work. ,if you are employee you have to woks day night for company progress .in both case motive is company progress.
    so why we feel the we are enjoying freedom or not.just do your own work n stay happy .Its life n your motive.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The recent advances in the research surrounding Solar Power Generation are just, plain remarkable. As a curious child, everyone who came across the term 'photosynthesis' knew that Sun was the...
i want a link where i can find matlabcodes for any image processing project - i want codes for some digital image processing project pls reply asap
Hello CEans, I want to share with all of you that today (May 11th) is National Technology Day!! proof: Wikipedia, Government of India🎉
The official description of Bcrypt Password Storage reads - "There are two kinds of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from reading your files, and...
Until 5 days ago, everything was cool. I was able to access my gmail account from Android gmail application. Recently, I thought I need to make my account more secure.So,...