Parallel Generators Grounding

Hello all,

I have a small question concerning grounding parallel generators. I found three ways to do it: either connect each one of them to ground, or connect all of them to one neutral bus and connect that bus to ground, or simply ground one of them to avoid any ground loops. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages. Can someone provide an explanation of when do we use each method? What are the conditions needed to deploy any method of these? Which method is generally better? Can someone please provide some good references?

Thank you

Mohammad

Replies

• manoj_2all
    manoj_2all
    I have connected all of them to one neutral bus and connected that bus to ground via NGR (Neutral Grounding Resistor) it has no problem till date
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    Hey mohammadfawaz,

I will suggest you to earth both the generators seperataly otherwise for earth fault of one generators both the generators will trip...

Due to loop formation....

Regards,
    VIPUL

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Outsourcing Job Opportunity Right now outsourcing job opportunities are high.By outsourcing the project, we can have more time conception
Techfest,IIT Bombay Asia's largest science and technology festival is back in its 14th edition.We are pleased to announce the launch of the national robotics challenge NEXUS which will be held...
ISTQB: International Software Testing Qualifications Board Which provides certificates on Testing(foundation,expert etc) please letme know how to prepare for that and some useful book for that?
Hi Cean's, I am having 2 pc and 1 laptop Both pc are connected to router through wired connection and share internet connection. Now i want to share my internet...
Human Recognition Systems Launches the First Biometric Workforce Management Solution for the Civil Environment MSite Civil is the new edition of MSite - the UK’s leading biometric access and workforce...