Paper presentation in a conference

I am an under graduate student,3rd year of B.E. in computer science.My department professor wants me to participate in a paper presentation conference. i have no prior experience in this field. so any one can tell me what exactly i need to do? As i have not done any research in my technical field because my knowledge is not up to that level. can i simply download an IEEE paper relating to the my field and present it in a conference without making any additions of mine??πŸ‘Ž I am totally confused that do i need to do research on some computer technology which is all ready published in IEEE??πŸ‘Ž

Replies

• Nikhil Lokhande
    Nikhil Lokhande
    AB1990
    I am an under graduate student,3rd year of B.E. in computer science.My department professor wants me to participate in a paper presentation conference. i have no prior experience in this field. so any one can tell me what exactly i need to do? As i have not done any research in my technical field because my knowledge is not up to that level. can i simply download an IEEE paper relating to the my field and present it in a conference without making any additions of mine??πŸ‘Ž I am totally confused that do i need to do research on some computer technology which is all ready published in IEEE??πŸ‘Ž
    Hi........About IEEE paper .....you won't even understand paper if directly download and going to present.
    To understand single IEEE paper.....we need to read lots of other papers which they have given in references.
    And choose only those IEEE paper which got upto some conclusion.
    And if you are in 3rd year, It is expected that you should understand it very well for conference,
    if you understood it..........πŸ‘ and confident enough to add your research......then you can add.πŸ˜€

Best of luck.......πŸ‘Ž
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I would add only a little here do check out a thread How to present your self in a paper presentation"

That will be of great help
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    better download what you are thinking and ask your professor to gain some knowledge in that particular subject so that you can excel finally!!!! all the best!!!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Saijayadeep
    better download what you are thinking and ask your professor to gain some knowledge in that particular subject so that you can excel finally!!!! all the best!!!
    You don't have to be an Engineer to do that friend

Sorry for being rude
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    i agree friend...but have you seen his post that he did not want to give a presentation on his own but by his professor wish...so i said like that!!!!πŸ˜‰
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    I think I might be of some help to you. I have presented papers in national and international( only name says so but its held in an Indian college only) conferences in reputed institutes. Remember one thing, though most often than not you will that your paper will get selected for conference but getting selected and presenting them are two different things.

The first and foremost difference in presenting papers at a national or international level conference and that of a typical paper presentation the conferences will usually have eminent personalities from the field of academics as well as the industry as their judges and that is were it makes a huge difference. You will be asked real questions( and not fake ones that usually college professors will ask in paper presentations just for the sake of asking something). So prepare well and present original work only as the judges, most likely will be knowledgeable people and will scrutinize your work the 'most' and your presentation a 'little'. They will likely catch you upfront if you have plagiarised.

Use technology sites, forums and whitepapers ( though I honestly do not think these papers will be of much use) and gather information. The judges will often ask you where have you researched from. Assimilate all the data you have and present the idea you wish to. Often, it is better to focus on a specific topic than a broader one. For, eg. 'security issues with visualization in cloud computing' would be a better choice than 'Cloud Computing' as a topic.

Another important aspect is that you need to show some ground work. You have to experiment, observe the data and present the results. Without that, you cant really call your work to be a research work.

Planning is the key here. Plan your research work well in advance. Seek guidance where ever possible. Get some industry exposure relevant to your project and try and get your experiments done to present it in your paper. And last but not the least, present it in a reputed institution as otherwise it wouldnt do much good to you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is difficult to comprehend this photograph even after reading about it. Amazing skiing skills of Backcountry Skiing in Arolla, Switzerland. Even more amazing derring do of the (rightfully) award...
May joy and happiness snow on you,may the bell jingles for you and may santa be etra good to you!MERRY CHRISTMAS to all CEansπŸŽ‰
Sharing this amazing video with you, Enjoy!
what are the likely questions asked in interview for site engineer or any construction firm?
hello everyone i am a student and im doing a project on bio fuel ..... my idea is to use a lantana camara a type of plant whose leaves are...