Page Speed Online From Google Labs

Speed is what everyone in concerned about these days. With the 4G technology already in USA and newly launched 3G technology in India, the internet subscribers are enjoying lightning fast internet speeds. Every service provider claims browsing and download speed of the order of Mb per seconds. But did we ever think of what if the website we are browsing does not support this? What if the website we are browsing is slow itself and taking your joy of lightning fast browsing away from you? At least I would get annoyed of this and then will look out for another substitute website. This is just one point of view that is the user’s view. Looking at it from the website’s point of view, if it is taking long for the page to load, it will start losing in its views gradually. Now, we all know that it is the number of hits that earns you money. What to do?

#-Link-Snipped-#Google has come up with Google Page Speed Online which can help the websites through this. All you have to do is that enter your URL and wait for Google to send you feedback. Now, this is what is unique about the Google’s Page Speed Online. There are many more websites which will help you find out how fats is your website but virtually none of them will actually come  up with some suggestion for you to improve. Google is the name or brand I should say, which has established itself on the basis of its speed. Google is the first name that comes to my mind when I think about online search engines. By far, Google has been the fastest amongst all. In its web search ranking Google has put an additional constraint of website’s speed. And believe me, it matters a lot on which page your website is featured in Google’s search results.

How this page works is that when you enter your URL, the page returns you a score out of 100 based on your website’s performance. The other similar tools available online can also give you a similar result, but then it might be inaccurate because they do not give you the exact time of loading (including the images and all other add-ons). So this is another unique feature about Google’s Page Speed Online. Many of the famous websites on the internet are going for their mobile versions (#-Link-Snipped-#). The cell phone processors are slow compared to the desktops or laptops. So it becomes imperative to optimize the webpage so as to make it compatible to cell phones also. Now, Google can also help you with this. I hope that all website owners take a look at this and use it for their best. You may take a look at the website here.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now a days, researchers are working on various new types of computers such as chemical computers, DNA computers and quantum computers. These computers differ from ordinary computers primarily in the...
When we look towards luxury cars, the only thought which comes to our mind is Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, etc. They all have a classy looks and many people cherish a...
‘AUDI’ and ‘Bicycles’ sounds strange but it is true. The automobile giant is now making bicycles (also) in collaboration with RENOVO. Some of you may know that RENOVO is famous...
Think new constructions, think sky scrapers. Most of the constructions coming up these days are skyscrapers. And of late one technology seems to be dominating the design of these skyscrapers....
Yes, what you have just read above is true. The e-devices will no longer be rigid, like the one which is too big to fit in your pocket comfortably or...