Over 60 percent employees ready to quit job

Even if the going is tough in the market, more than half of the people surveyed are ready to quit job, switch the professions or take break. 62 percent of the respondents were ready to consider quitting; taking a career break or shifting to a firm with flexi-work options in order to handle the family responsibilities better, said a survey.

According to the findings of the survey conducted by Outlook Business and Avtar Career Creators, the high competition at work place, lead employees towards extreme job conditions and they are gradually realising the need for family life. The survey was conducted on 745 private sector employees between November and December 2009, and was done across seven cities - Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Pune across varied sector, including FMCG, IT, ITES, consulting and telecom.

Also, the survey found that as many as 40 respondents felt that internal issues of the company are responsible for unhealthy work life balance and an equal number said they know people who took a break or resigned last year due to their responsibilities at home. There is a crying need for work-life balance measures. Hyper competition has meant all the stops are being pulled out for customer service, which leads to extreme jobs. There is a renewed awareness and interest in personal life, the survey said.

According to the survey, while 38 percent of the respondents blamed the location of the workplace for bad work-life balance, 44 percent believed a balanced life would give them time to study or train further.

"In a society filled with conflicting responsibilities and commitments, work-life balance has become a predominant issue in the workplace," Avtar Career Creators' Founder-President Saundarya Rajesh said.

Source:- Silicon india

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am opting to quit from my current job.

I have figured out the problem here its the lack of motivation.

Not for the above stated reasons though!
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    It is strange I think

In such tough times, are people vying for getting jobs or quitting jobs surprised
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hi ES!! Long time I guess..
    So, wat are you planning? Quit and do higher studies? MBA perhaps..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    silverscorpion
    Hi ES!! Long time I guess..
    So, wat are you planning? Quit and do higher studies? MBA perhaps..
    I want to quit first!! then I will join another company!!

But i had a discussion with management they said they will solve the problem!!

So lets wait and see!!

I will do MBA hopefully in 2011..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys.. how are you doing all? hope everything is okay this is my first post here I'm new to C++ language it is also my first language so I'm...
hi, i and my friends want to design a robot, but every circuit we found had wheels, what we thought was to use a spring(the concept of variable tension) at...
hey!! i am in te.i want some topics for my mini project.how is digital blood pressure meter as a mini project??
Hi I am a recent telecommunication graduate in search of a better career.If tere is any experienced telecom members pls help me out.How can i impprove my knowledge in the...
Twitter has acquired Mixer Labs to move a step forward in its foray into GeoAPI GeoAPI will be integrated directly into the Twitter API, speeding up Twitter’s efforts in the...