OutRunner Running Robot Uses Innovative Approach To Wheels

What these guys have achieved is quite impressive. The robot uses multiple-legs that mimic the human running action on roads and achieves running speeds. Check this video that shows the bot in action -

What I'm interested in knowing is that can this approach really replace wheels? I see a lot of immediate advantages: 1. There's no 'flat tyre' anymore. 2. The vehicle should be able to take care of potholes a lot more efficiently 3. The wheels should be able to take on any terrain without any issues; and so on.

What do you think?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers have been long working on making machines as intelligent as the humans. Even today, as scientists have buckled up and every day there's a new progress in achieving that...
Google's reportedly refurbishing the user interface of Gmail-for-desktop, and Geek has shared a few screenshots of the new screen-look under testing. The interface displayed on these screenshots accommodate more white...
palani kumar submitted a new project: Anna university GPA - Windows phone app to calculate Anna university gpa and cgpa Anna university GPA​ Easy way to calculate Anna university GPA...
Spoiler: What brought to this debate? The debate is why do you need Bluetooth these days? What is the real use? As per my view: I don't use it at...
Air-Gap Malware has ability to travel through air as sound waves and thus capable of attacking every physical computer (even without an internet connection) Read more here : https://www.efytimes.com/e1/fullnews.asp?edid=132438