Our building structure

our Building situated side of a main road, heavy weighty vehicle used this high road, if a vehicle pass the road then i feel small earthquake in my room/building some times i thought its our building construction error, our building is new 6month old. so i want to know about it, why vibrating/earthquake. need reply....my my home planning for 5 storage building and now its 2 storage means ground and level 1. okay i give u total information . now waiting for your reply.
Thanks
STAR

Replies

• Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    and how can i resolved this issue.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Let me re-frame it. You stay in a building which was constructed 6 months ago, with only 2 stories. Apart from small size, whenever heavy vehicles pass around, there are huge vibrations in your building.

My views: The foundation of the building is too weak or negligible you can say. It seems the engineer who made that building didn't even bother to make a foundation. This building seems very dangerous. Your possible solution is, to get the building analysed by the local government authorities and check with the builder. If found faulty, they will provide new accomodation for you while reconstructing that building.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I dont think heavy vehicles moving by side can create that much vibrations.I will tag expertd to have a deep and best outcome of the answer
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    I dont think heavy vehicles moving by side can create that much vibrations.I will tag expertd to have a deep and best outcome of the answer
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

It is possible what he is saying may happen. If the foundation is too weak, the land near the building is sort-of sand and the foundation is too shallow, like 3 feet or something, it can happen. This building would be like the one made of cards. With every passing vehicle using its own force to move, the friction between the tires and the ground create vibrations. Since the building is too close, it can be felt inside too. This is an extremely dangerous place to live in.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Ahsanul haque
    our Building situated side of a main road, heavy weighty vehicle used this high road, if a vehicle pass the road then i feel small earthquake in my room/building some times i thought its our building construction error, our building is new 6month old. so i want to know about it, why vibrating/earthquake. need reply....my my home planning for 5 storage building and now its 2 storage means ground and level 1. okay i give u total information . now waiting for your reply.
    Thanks
    STAR

Trac vibration nuisance in buildings is mainly due to heavy vehicles that pass at relatively high speed on a road with an uneven surface. Interaction between the wheels and the road surface causes a dynamic excitation which generates waves that propagate in the soil and impinge on the foundations of nearby structures.

There is nothing much you can do about that, still if you wanna do something ask the folks in your locality to send an letter to governance board to repair the road. If they are sensible, they will do some vibration test, and if found positive in that they will take appropriate action.

Now the question is, till then is it dangerous for you.
    No, I do not think so a 6 month old 2 storey building will have any damage. If this will remain persistent, over a period of 10-12 years the maintenance work for the building will increase. It may not require sooner than that.

-CB
  • Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    Not shallow foundation!! it was 5 storage Building. heavy weighty vehicle approximately (8-14Ton) i think thats why feeling vibration.
  • Saiwal
    Saiwal
    the phenomenon of resonance may also be responsible.. it used to happen to our hostel building too! it was a sturdy building but the floors and walls used to vibrate whenever a truck used to pass about 150m away on the highway.
    how far is your building from the road?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Saiwal
    the phenomenon of resonance may also be responsible.. it used to happen to our hostel building too! it was a sturdy building but the floors and walls used to vibrate whenever a truck used to pass about 150m away on the highway.
    how far is your building from the road?

Still I don't get by this how a 5 storeyed building can vibrate with the impulse of a truck.
  • Saiwal
    Saiwal
    Nayan Goenka
    Still I don't get by this how a 5 storeyed building can vibrate with the impulse of a truck.
    it doesnt have to be a strong impulse, if the vibrations from the engine match the first mode of vibration of any part of the structure (diaphragm, wall..) it will induce vibrations.
  • Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    vibrate not stopping other neighbor(other) feeling same problem. our Building structure used concrete. seems strong. @#-Link-Snipped-# @CB @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# Thanks
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    i think it really dangerous to live in those kind of structures as they are more susceptible to vibrations as proper construction methods haven't been carried out.may be you should pack up as early as possible.i feel even the building hasn't considered some geotechnical aspects while going for the construction of this structure.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

According to recent news,for Mars One project which is scheduled to launch in September 2022 with a view to colonize the RED Planet, more than 100,000 applications have been received....
Earlier we'd covered of NASA's 3D Printing In Space @ Zero Gravity In ISS, and in the video featured below the NASA officials emphasize on the importance of this all....
The wireless devices will soon go battery free and create a network for information exchange out of thin air. Say hello to a new technique called Ambient Backscatter created by...
"It's time to reveal.. a new car." Indeed. If Audi's sole purpose with the latest Audi A8 teaser was to arrest our attention, it has achieved it. The new Audi...
General motors has silently reworked on its Chevrolet Captiva facelift and it had introduced it yesterday in its website buy not the price. This cute captiva was introduced in Geneva...