Origin of Quantum Mechanics [Discussion]

A lot of CEans here must be intrigued by the topic of "Quantum Mechanics". I've seen that some of us engineers here are interested in the threads related to quantum physics, or quantum theory, that branch of physics which deals with physical phenomena at microscopic scales.
But when you think about it, a question may occur to a curious mind. How did it all began? Why did scientists and researchers begin studying this stuff and came up with the concept of 'Quanta' or 'Quantum Mechanics'.

I found an interesting video that simplifies the concept and shares the exact origin of Quantum Mechanics -

Do watch it and share your opinions and questions here.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nice and simple description really
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    its nice to watch,,,,..........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi can u give me the thought works placement paper question with sol for ist rounnd?
Why is Carbon the first element in the group is not a semiconductor though all the other elements are
Airtel and Huawei have launched the first 4G LTE capable phone in India, called Ascend P1. The specifications of the phone are as follows - Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 clocked...
Here's the first advertisement of Microsoft's upcoming tablet computer called 'Surface'. The ad isn't quite impressive, but the tablet surely is. Take a look and share your opinion below -
Karbonn has launched Agnee tablet in India. The company says that it's the first tablet 'made in India'. I'm not sure what that means because most of the components that...