Orientation program

Guys my class teacher has given me a assignment on the following topic

"A well thought orientation program is necessary for new employee whether they have experienced or not "Do you agree with this statement ?if yes then why and if no then why?

I would like to know views of professional who are currently working in an organization.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Of course it helps. Orientation programs are meant to make the new employees familiar with company culture, etiquettes, technologies, HR and other policies etc. I don't see this as a debate topic.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yeah sir i also agree with above statement but when i chat with two of my friends one at hero honda company,he said that orientation program is necessary and other at some other company said that if new person goes to a company in the position of middle low management ,then he needs a full orientation program but if he has more than 10 years of experience and about to fulfill upper management then he should not given a full orientation program

these two different views confused me
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The nature of orientation program is different for employees at different levels in hierarchy. The junior level employee may not be given the same information as a higher level employee. The point under discussion is whether the orientation program is necessary - the answer is yes. The orientation program makes an employee familiar with the new environment he/she will be working in.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yeah the Orientation called Induction program is required!
    It helps in understanding the processes and rules pretty effectively.
    As Biggie said different level of people will be given different kinds of orientation sessions!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Global engineering and manufacturing group optimises Oracle Hyperion Financial Management across 30 countries with application performance monitoring solution from Triometric Egham, Surrey โ€“ 20th April 2010 - Triometric today announced...
CEans, Its long time we've had a meet; what are your ideas and suggestions about organizing a meet where CEans can come together in person? ๐Ÿ˜€ New members: We've had...
i need complete detail about RACK & PINION Mechanism...... atleast 3 pages in size.. pl.. help me out ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
Dear Sir, I am person who has done my Btech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 2005 pass out. For the last 5 years I am working in a reputed Indian...
US Internet giant Google's password system that controls multiple access to almost all of its web services was hacked through an innocuous message sent to a Google employee in China,...