Open Source mySQL data reporting tool

CEans,

I've been searching for one for a long time now but haven't found any. If you are aware of any open source mysql data reporting tool, please let me know.

It would be nice if you suggest something that looks web 2ish ๐Ÿ˜‰ and that generates pretty looking reports.

Anyone?

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    I don't know much about this but I am not sure whether you looked for ools like Datavision, LogiXML and Altova(free trial for only 30 days) or not? ๐Ÿ˜•

Anyways few are following links.

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

May be of some use depending on the purpose ? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Shalini: Thanks ๐Ÿ˜€

I did. I was more interested into a simple script that I'd simply upload to the server and connect it to database.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

I've been searching for one for a long time now but haven't found any. If you are aware of any open source mysql data reporting tool, please let me know.

It would be nice if you suggest something that looks web 2ish ๐Ÿ˜‰ and that generates pretty looking reports.

Anyone?
    Check if these helps in your requirement:

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

-Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I specifically need Open Source tools.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Does this #-Link-Snipped-# fits in.

-Crazy
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    I did. I was more interested into a simple script that I'd simply upload to the server and connect it to database.
    Is your problem solved, if yes kindly share the whole problem with solution here. Otherwise I guess you require only a simple script right? Then how come a simple query is not working for you? What is the need of these reporting tools then? ๐Ÿ˜•

Please make clear.

Thanks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No, the problem is not solved yet. I'll explain it in bit more detail -

1. I want something Open Source, PHP based [shouldn't require JAVA to run]
    2. Should present user with different search criteria to do combi-searches.
    3. Should produce output in simple HTML table.
    4. Should provide two levels of access; super-admin & other with restricted access to reports.
    5. Should be able to export the data in Excel format.
    6. Should have emailing capability built in so that I can send email to users reported after performing the search.

Waiting for your responses!
  • jschnip
    jschnip
    PhpMyAdmin basically has what you are asking for (minus the email capability). It also requires the user to understand a little bit about table structure - but otherwise, its search and export functions should suffice.

#-Link-Snipped-#

I will note that I use the mysql saved query feature for our users who don't understand table structure - so they just select a saved query and export data at will.

The_Big_K
    No, the problem is not solved yet. I'll explain it in bit more detail -

1. I want something Open Source, PHP based [shouldn't require JAVA to run]
    2. Should present user with different search criteria to do combi-searches.
    3. Should produce output in simple HTML table.
    4. Should provide two levels of access; super-admin & other with restricted access to reports.
    5. Should be able to export the data in Excel format.
    6. Should have emailing capability built in so that I can send email to users reported after performing the search.

Waiting for your responses!
  • Herberts
    Herberts
    You need to try FastReport.Net, it will suit your needs
  • HKaur
    HKaur
    To add to the list of reporting tools, ActiveReports Server provides business users with a feature-rich, Web-based, self-service reporting solution, enabling them to easily create sophisticated ad hoc reports. Its browser-based design and secure, scalable storage let IT departments deploy and manage self-service reporting much more effectively than they can with traditional reporting tools.
    To know more about the software logon to #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    HKaur
    To add to the list of reporting tools, ActiveReports Server provides business users with a feature-rich, Web-based, self-service reporting solution, enabling them to easily create sophisticated ad hoc reports. Its browser-based design and secure, scalable storage let IT departments deploy and manage self-service reporting much more effectively than they can with traditional reporting tools.
    To know more about the software logon to #-Link-Snipped-#
    I had read about the active reports server. It's not open source, unfortunately.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    I had read about the active reports server. It's not open source, unfortunately.
    Why not phpMyAdmin?
  • davea0511
    davea0511
    phpMyAdmin is a great database management tool, but not for generating standard reports. What he's looking for is something where you can create a report that his client can simply click a button and it will generate the report using the latest information in the database. Ideally it would also be able to create charts this way as well. At least that's what I'm looking for ... without luck.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    davea0511
    phpMyAdmin is a great database management tool, but not for generating standard reports. What he's looking for is something where you can create a report that his client can simply click a button and it will generate the report using the latest information in the database. Ideally it would also be able to create charts this way as well. At least that's what I'm looking for ... without luck.
    Thanks for the clarification buddy! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • KLM
    KLM
    Try Reportico. I've just installed it and am trying it out - looks very promising though the setup of the actual report requires a bit of work, and the interface is not flexible enough to include things like LDAP Authentication.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi every one..i'm doing my graduation project on a wirless lan antenna..i've looked much over the net gathering all informtion i could reach to but i still dont feel certain...
Hi all If I have avoice file (mb3 or wav)file saved in my computer and i want to send it to the parallel port to transmet it to some external...
Info video on using solar absorbtion powered chillers for air cooling instead of AC. Including description of a 10 ton unit currently in use in LA. Solar Air Conditioning Mechanical...
Thermal Energy Storage (TES) System, or ice banking, is a technology which shifts electric load to off-peak hours, which will not only significantly lower energy and demand charges during the...
Fellas, Can we the Crazy Engineers community can think of the way to avoid the global warming. All the suggestions from CE fellas are welcomed and help the world in...