Open CE Conference

Team CEans,

Lot of CEans wanted to know if we are arranging CE online conference. I guess its a nice idea since we haven't had a conference since long. Last conference was successful & we can look forward to another online conference.

The conference will be held on Yahoo Messenger. Moreover, we'll have the conference only if we get enough participants in the conference. ๐Ÿ˜€

So, if you are interested, post your reply in this thread. Also mention the time at which you'd like to have the conference (weekend works the best for all).

Get started ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-

Replies

• crook
    crook
    Count me in ! Any weekend, preferably Saturday is OK with me!
  • Mayhem
    Mayhem
    Count me in...im on vacation till aug so any day is good for me ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    Count me in too. I think the response is very low.
  • Mahesh
    Mahesh
    Hi,

I was in last conference and count me in this conference as well.When the conference will be??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The response is below expectation. We need at least 20 responses so that 10 will actually show up for the conference ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Aww.. why an online conference? A better choice would be coming to Malaysia! I'll treat ya all to some Teh Tarik and Roti Canai ๐Ÿ˜ Im sure BigK wouldn't mind, right? hehe

Ah well, in all seriousness, I wouldnt mind popping into one of those yahoo conference. Will be free on saturdays ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ash, let's hope to have a CE - Malaysia Meet ๐Ÿ˜€ ! Probably at Genting ๐Ÿ˜‰

Believe me, we'll make it possible one day. But right now, 3K is just too small to actually execute such a plan.

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Count me in too ๐Ÿ˜€

Meetup being a better idea, but very difficult. I wish travel was much cheaper and easier. Hopefully one day we will have it!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Last time we decided to hold a conference, there were too many enthusiasts. However no one really turned up. Never the less it was successful.

This time we want to make it in a proper way.
  • vikki2point9
    vikki2point9
    count me 2... will try 2 turn up..
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    Updates please!
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Umm, I have a problem this month, every weekend im traveling across cities, and in one of the cities I have no tel line yet, so it might not be possible. There may be a chance in the 2nd or 3rd week of aug though!
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    Count me in too.But do post the time for coming.I have my placements.I generally come online in night.
    Admin pls give us updates.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    LORD_EC
    Count me in too.But do post the time for coming.I have my placements.I generally come online in night.
    Admin pls give us updates.
    Its very difficult to come up with a time that is suitable for all. Considering that we are 'little' in numbers, the actual count in the conference will not be more than 2-3.

I think its better to postpone the conference till December 2007 or say November 26th (Our second birthday).

-The Big K-
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    @big
    hey dont do that..
    We will soon decide a time by the consensus of all the interested members.Ultimately we have to make some compromise if we want to have a conference.
    No Pain !! No Gain !!
    I am ready.Tell me when i have to come online.
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    LORD_EC
    @big
    hey dont do that..
    We will soon decide a time by the consensus of all the interested members.Ultimately we have to make some compromise if we want to have a conference.
    No Pain !! No Gain !!
    I am ready.Tell me when i have to come online.
    Hi Biggie,

Count me also & tell me when to be online.

Regards

vibhor_one
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Biggie, I think its ok if only 2 or 3 come online, if we have conf more often then I think slowly people will join in, even if there are few for the first few times ๐Ÿ˜€

So, trust the CE Instinct and have a CE conference possibly every 2 weeks! The experience having conferences will also help you further improve your future conferences ๐Ÿ˜€

And remember to post the chat-postscript on CE forums so our members read what they had to miss, they would definitely love to join in the next time!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great suggestion, xHx! Point well taken. We should have posted the Chat Script.

Okay, right now, I don't have any agenda for the meeting. But the discussion would be on following topic -

- Promoting CE through colleges/companies

Let us concentrate on this topic for the time being. It is requested that all participants come up with their own ideas and we do not waste time in discussing irrelevant topics.

I'll announce the date & time soon. Keep a watch on this thread ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Posting chat script is a good option. What we can also do is get some one to note the minutes of meeting and post it on CE.

Just proposing a tentative date- How about next weekend? Saturday 4th August? Possibly in the afternoon, at around 1500 IST.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Heya, I'll be free that day too! Btw.. can you all set the proposed meeting times as GMT instead? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sure, Ash. Don't worry, we'll post the timing in GMT. Little packed up on the weekends. How about using our own conference room to host a conference? Someone will have to take the responsibility of posting the chat script so that those who could not attend will know what was discussed.

Even if I'm not around, please go ahead with the conference. It would be really nice if we come up with ideas on promoting CE ( of course, in the non-traditional way )

Ash, xHx & others, can you setup a time for the meeting? I'll try my best to join ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Man, actually, as I had said in the earlier post, I am leaving for Riyadh, KSA tommorow, 26th. There I have no net connection yet, but I will try my best to convince dad to have one there so I can attend the conf.

Who ever attends, they must decide who will post the chat-script. Hopefully Ill attend it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Can anyone suggest a website which offers free clip art for commercial use? -The Big K-
Okay, I'm not kidding! I didn't believe it at first; but if they can release iTunes for Windows, Safari shouldn't be a surprise. No idea about what I'm talking about?...
Hi everyone. I'm just looking for some good HVAC stuf and discussions. Stay cool!
Can anyone guide me how to make single phase motor hoist to run without error? Now it is taking the easiest path & rotating in one direction only,WHEN LOAD IS...
hey CE, am back withe my troubles but they dont bother me much because i know that CEans are always there to help. most of you must have had used...