Online JEE (Advanced) : Good or Bad?

The Indian Institues of Technology conduct their admission through the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE). The organizers of the tests, the Joint Admission Board(JAB) has decided that the JEE Advance Test will be conducted totally online starting 2018. While the thought of conducting the JEE online is nice and goes well with the Government's Digital India initiative, I'm wondering if it's a right decision.

Majority of the JEE takers come from rural background where they do not have access to the computers. Many of these students do not have a strong financial background and hence do not have resources to practice the JEE online.

I'm beginning to believe the move would favour the students who've better economic background and access to the computers and the Internet.

I think the JAB should reconsider their decision and move the JEE online in 2021 or later. I think India needs that time-frame to move over to computers and go 'digital'. What's your opinion?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    saurabh nathawat
    i think it is prity good because when we fill the answer in copy maximum students were circle with wrong option for conserving time.but online method gave chance to change answer.
    But I remember in my times, we used pencils and could easily change the option.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Maybe a subcutaneous implanted phone with a virtual screen directly seen by the brain is the next advance: Three things that will never be the same after the iPhone 8
I'm wondering if PHP sessions are reliable; especially when there are 200-300 simultaneous users writing to it. This question is in context of the Quizzr App on CrazyEngineers IO that...
20 Spectacularly Nerdy Math Jokes
Cisco has rolled out a new generation of firewalls: FIREPOWERS popularly known as "Cisco Firepowers". Firepower is gaining the market with the best features of NGFW. Cisco uses both images...
Here's a list of top scorers of the Game of Thrones Quiz. We hope you enjoyed playing. We've got a mega quiz coming up and you'll be notified. There will...