Online CAT 2009: Infrastructure ready?

DNA India Report: #-Link-Snipped-#

About 9,350 students were supposed to appear in the test for admission into the diploma and degree programmes in engineering under IGNOU: Indira Gandhi National Open University. The service provider Yahoo couldn't handle the load and the infrastructure crashed.

I'm thinking, the providers for CAT; Prometric folks are now under pressure. Do you think they will be able to handle the CAT load [the number of candidates appearing for CAT is HUGE!]?

Your take?

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    ya biggie i have also got the news that approx 9000 students appeared and ..yahoo couldn't handle the load ,so what about the CAT exam where lakhs of students will appear.and is there any idea which company is undertaking the controls of online exam.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The number of students appearing for CAT is around 3L.

But The exam is scheduled for a week days time I think with 2 slots for the exam.

But this is also approximately around 22K people write exam in every slot its a challenge.

Hope it goes smoothly 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I'm planning to write a series of articles on how to face interviews for fresh engineering graduates. I've had opportunity to interview lot of fresh engineering graduates. Over the...
Source: TechCrunch It seems that couple of Gmail IMAP users are facing a strange bug with Gmail. All the unread mails are automatically marked as 'Read'. The bug occurs when...
CEans, I'm pleased to inform you that NIT Agartala & CrazyEngineers have partnered for AAYAM 2009. We look forward to having lot of members from NIT Agartala on CE. Also,...
User Name: 0526 Engineering: Computer science Location: Delhi, India Occupation: Student Aim in life: Not clear I joined CrazyEngineers because: I hope to share and learn new things.
Engineers who are into mobile application development, check out: Forum Nokia Developer Conference '09 Anyone on CE participating in the conference? Keep us posted 😀