Occam Networks And FCA Partner To Bring Broadband Solutions To Polish Market

Key CEE market targeted for broadband expansion

SANTA BARBARA, Calif, Geneva, Switzerland and London, United Kingdom – February 26 2010– Occam Networks®, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCNW) a leading broadband access supplier offering multiservice access platform (MSAP) solutions based on pure packet technologies, announced today that it has signed FCA as a reseller for the important market of Poland, and for select other countries in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). The move is part of Occam’s EMEA growth strategy announced last year. Other new partners are spearheading Occam’s expansion in Belgium, France, The Netherlands, Switzerland and the Middle East.

Occam offers a wide range of innovative Gigabit Ethernet and GPON optical line terminals (OLTs) from its award winning BLC 6000 MSAP. Occam also offers comprehensive service management solutions that simplify the migration to packet based services. These solutions will be offered, installed and serviced by FCA, a leading system integrator in the optical communications sector based in Poland.

“Occam Networks is implementing a strategic expansion program in EMEA and Poland is a market with tremendous potential for growth in broadband. We are delighted to be working with FCA as part of our EMEA-wide reseller network. FCA’s background and expertise makes it a natural partner to grow that part of our European footprint,” remarked Russ Sharer, Occam Networks Vice President of Marketing.

FCA is headquartered in Niepolomice, near Krakow, and specializes in integrating complete optical networking solutions. Its portfolio extends from plastic fiber and optical components, through optical distribution frames to WDM systems and, now, MSAPs. FCA has a diverse range of existing clients that include electric utilities, cable MSOs and alternative broadband providers.

“We supply a complete range of optical components, subsystems and platforms to our extended Polish customer base,” said the FCA’s Marketing and Development Manager, Prosper Biernacki. “We have unparalleled experience in the Polish market, and have built an enviable reputation based on the quality and range of the products we offer, the speed of our response to customer needs, and the level of service we provide.

“In terms of its complementary product offer, we believe our partnership with Occam will be very successful,“ continued Mr. Biernacki. “And the Polish broadband market presents major opportunities. Thanks to the launch of several national ICT initiatives, and a commitment by Polish service providers to increase levels of investment, we see the broadband market growing very strongly in the coming years.”

“Operators worldwide are in the midst of a transition to fiber based broadband as consumer appetites for interactive, high bandwidth services continues to grow,” added Russ Sharer. “High performance, intelligent broadband solutions supplied by Occam Networks combined with FCAs expertise in optical networking, local presence and attention to customer service will simplify the transition for Polish broadband operators.”

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I know the PIC scans the row(input) and column(output) of the keypad. But how do they know which key is pressed? Can you explain as detail as possible with this...
im BSIT course regarding this section i already seen the topics but could you give me some fresh topics about VB/.NET or PHP for my final projects....😔😔 help me
Hi. i a, a third yr comp engineering student. My seminar topic is Encrypted Text Chat Using Bluetooth... It would be appreciable if anyone could seriously help me..
Hi how to calibrate thermocouple and RTD
Hi mates! I want to project for engineering.Please give ideas about robotics and other familiar project