NVIDIA Unveils World's Fastest DX11 GPU yet again

NVIDIA® today announced the latest consumer GPU based on the NVIDIA® Fermi architecture, the GeForce® GTX 580, which has been reengineered from the transistor-level up to deliver increased power efficiency and performance over previous generation products.

The GeForce GTX 580 GPU delivers the world's fastest performance for DirectX 11 (DX11) games, and support for NVIDIA 3D Vision™, Surround, PhysX®, SLI® and CUDA™ technologies, further entrenching GeForce-based PCs as the most robust gaming platforms in the world. The combination of an innovative vapor chamber thermal solution and new architectural enhancements make the GTX 580 the fastest and quietest GPU in its class, delivering an increase of up to 35 percent in performance per watt(i), and performance that is up to 30 percent faster than the original GeForce GTX 480(ii).

Highlights of New GeForce GTX 580 GPU:

• 512 cores and 16 PolyMorph engines deliver massive tessellation and compute firepower for games
  • Hard launch with immediate availability at an estimated SEP of $499 USD.
  • Up to 35 percent improvement in performance/watt efficiency
  • New vapor chamber thermal solution results in the quietest GPU in its class
  • New level of geometric realism -2 billion triangles/second
  • Provides game developers total creative freedom to create cutting-edge DX11 games
Source: NVIDIA Newsroom

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A new development in virtual cameras at the University of Abertay Dundee is developing the pioneering work of James Cameron's blockbuster Avatar using a Nintendo Wii-like motion controller - all...
Hello CE'ers, We have a building where the power trips whenever the load exceeds 400 amps. I have been asked to create a scheduel to shed some of the loads...
I need specifications / standards for ristriction and intergral orifice plate,
Gift a C​A​R​E​E​R​at Globallogic to your friends.​ And they might never stop being grateful​ Can there be a better gift than a career with Asia 's No. 1 Employer in...
hello, please give me possible reasons for 'transformer differential operation' in power plant as it trips the plant. i'm working in 12 mw power plant. thanks