Numeric Entry Questions on New GRE (Revised)

Questions of this type ask you either to enter the answer as an integer or a decimal in a single answer box or to enter it as a fraction in two separate boxes — one for the numerator and one for the denominator.

Sample Questions

Directions: Enter your answer in the answer box(es) below the question.

Equivalent forms of the correct answer, such as 2.5 and 2.50, are all correct. Fractions do not need to be reduced to lowest terms.
Enter the exact answer unless the question asks you to round your answer.

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

2. A university admitted 100 students who transferred from other institutions. Of these students, 34 transferred from two-year community colleges, 25 transferred from private four-year institutions, and the rest transferred from public four-year institutions. If two different students are to be selected at random from the 100 students, what is the probability that both students selected will be students who transferred from two-year community colleges?
Give your answer as a fraction.
[​IMG]

Replies

• shihan
    shihan
    2.1122/9900
  • anujd1488
    anujd1488
    1)101
    2)17/150
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @anuj: Yes, you have got this one right. 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😔I have to do an assignment about the Shielding Performance of IT cable. Could you guys give me an idea of what are the performances of shielded cable?
Questions of this type ask you to compare two quantities — Quantity A and Quantity B — and then determine which of four statements describes the comparison. 1. Quantity A...
​ 1. Approximately how many people are in the production and transportation sector of the workforce? 9 million 12 million 15 million 18 million 21 million 2. Approximately what fraction...
Hello, this is Rajesh. I am an Electronics and Instrumentation engineer and I want to discuss the recent technologies in power electronics.
You can download the GRE Mathematics Review PDF, which contains complete information about the types of mathematics concepts you need to know for taking the GRE. It also has practice...