number plate recognition system

Guys,
i m doing the very same project in final year...

I have segmented the characters from the number plate and looking forward to complete the matching the extracted characters with database characters... i am unable to design any algo which provides comparison of the test characters(of number plates) with the database characters.... anybody eith any damn solutions???? eagerly waiting for any help to appreciate

Thanks in advance......
😀
Chirag

Replies

• csiscool
    csiscool
    Please elaborate buddy,

As per my understanding, you have recognized the characters,and now you want to match that with database. I dont think it is a big deal. What you want exactly? What software you are using for doing this?
  • chirag_kotadia
    chirag_kotadia
    Thanks for reply man!!
    I m doing project on MATLAB platform. I know that its not a big deal of matching the characters with the database.. but i m unable to find proper algorithm for that.. I mean i tried to match the image matrices pixel by pixel and storing the count of the matched pixels... R u following?. If not then let me know... But that method was not fruitful and didnt get proper output.. I compared one of the letter of number plate 'G' with my database letters 'G' and 'Q' which are look alike on pixel value basis. I got very similiar matching. so unable to discriminate. Have you any other simple algorithm??
    Awaiting for ur valuable reply....
    Really appreciate u!!

----------Chirag------------------
  • bill190
    bill190
    Read about optical character recognition. You may have Microsoft Imaging on your PC. This has optical character recognition if you also have a scanner. Read help on that or here is a bit on that program...
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Then letters or numbers in a database would typically be an "ASCII" code. ASCII table...
    ASCII Table - ASCII Character Codes, HTML, Octal, Hex, Decimal

Or for the bitmap thing, read about fingerprint matching where it is a "best match" sort of thing. (Not everything exactly matching.) Here is something on that...
    PDF

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

"Galaxy" is a new-age mobile social network which allows you to live a full virtual life in your mobile phone! Chatting with friends, sending private messages, meeting new people and...
hello friends I have created a group for crazyengineers on facebook .Please join it and make crazyengineers.com popular among 500 million users crazyengineers on facebook
I am in 7th sem, n have a re-appear in one subject in 6th sem. I wanna know about companies rules for active Re during placement for Mechanical engineering students.
Can anyone tell me why the phase response value of a digital filter is always between (-)pi and (+)pi ? Thanx in advance...
I've heard that there are about 58 colleges in Nagpur, Maharashtra India. Here are few of the names - 1. VNIT 2. LIT 3. RKNEC 4. GHRCE 5. YCCE 6....