Novels

I'm starting a new thread for Novels !

Last book that I really enjoyed reading was Da Vinci Code. I think the author could have done a better job with the last few pages of book :roll: What is your opinion?

Currently I am reading "What they don't teach at Harward Business School" ๐Ÿ˜›

rick

Replies

• Jerry
    Jerry
    rick
    Currently I am reading "What they don't teach at Harward Business School" ๐Ÿ˜›
    rick
    "What they.." is not a novel ๐Ÿ˜› . I've already read that book and I agree with it.

I'm a Jeffery Archer fan and love reading Dan Brown. Any reviews on 'Da Vinci Code'?
  • Swati
    Swati
    Hey even for me,reading "Da Vinci" is pending since a long time ๐Ÿ˜
    even Chetan Bhagat is a good author though "One night @ Call center" was not as gud as "Five Point...."

well can i get some more pointers for good books,authors...does anybody has a hard copy which i can borrow..

๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    All Time Hit

Guys,

#1 book of all times is 'The Fountainhead' ! Anyone?
  • harsimrit
    harsimrit
    folks try Robert Ludlum's Bourne Series, The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum
  • rick
    rick
    harsimrit
    folks try Robert Ludlum's Bourne Series, The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum
    All Done! ๐Ÿ˜€
    How about posting book reviews?
    Jerry, grow up. I read fountainhead when I was just 10 :wink:
  • harsimrit
    harsimrit
    bro then may i suggest "Shalimar the Clown", this is the latest one which I read.. starting might bore you a bit but on the whole a good read
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Read "MEIN KAMPIH" Auto Bio Graphy of HITLER...a good one to read on...
    all 4 of Dan Brown are cool.....
    DAVINCI CODE
    ANGELS AND DEAMON
    DIGITAL FORTERESS
    DECEPTION POINT

Any other Book of Dan Brown...
    is there any i missed out...???
    le'mme know...

Crazy
  • Neha
    Neha
    Night at the call center

well i am just finished wid "night at the call center" by chetan bhagat...well i didn't find it as good as five pt sum1...i am now on to sidney sheldon's "Doomsday Conspiracy"...according to me a must read novel z "are you afraid of dark??" by sidney sheldon
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    well i am just finished wid "night at the call center" by chetan bhagat...well i didn't find it as good as five pt sum1.
    I second to that. The end could have been much better. I don't know how many of us know that some bollywod director is making a movie based on '5 point someone'.

Anyway, both 5. someone & 1 night @ call center did a fantastic job for Rupa publishing Co. ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
    P.S:
    Anyone wants to comment on Ayn Rands' "The Fountainhead" ? Or objectivism in general? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • aashima
    aashima
    sidney my way these days....

have started my journey of reading novels with chetan bhagat... five point someone is a good to start novel and a must-read for all the youngsters out there... but after two pieces by him... switched to sidney sheldon.... quite a popular name in the readers' world... have went thru around 4 of his scripts.... the best one outta them is probably ' tell me yer dreams'.... will soon be starting with the very famous... "da vinci code".....
  • rick
    rick
    too late to the da vinci code? I read it centuries ago ! anyway, its better than watching the movie!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    rick
    too late to the da vinci code? I read it centuries ago ! anyway, its better than watching the movie!

Worth reading novel...
    anyway rick...
    Any other good novel in your knowledge ...
  • aashima
    aashima
    rick
    yea... i know am late but cudnt make out the time for it... though i have seen a documntry on t he same and is almost the replica of the novel...yea.. i too heard that the movie is not that much upto the mark.... but still wud like to see it once
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    me too finished with god of the small things and one night at the call centre.. even i just wonder the end... ??? :?: someone was talking about shalimar the clown.. i read the first page and kept it aside still its on my bedside table but not in my hands!๐Ÿ˜” currently reading 'wise and otherwise' by sudha murthy its a compilation of short true stories.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    integratdbrains
    currently reading 'wise and otherwise' by sudha murthy its a compilation of short true stories.
    if you like short stories...
    Go for O'Henery...
    or can read 36 small stories..its really good book ...

--Crazy
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    thanks crazyboy.. i will surely try to read those books.. ๐Ÿ˜€ but are they true stories??
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    integratdbrains
    thanks crazyboy.. i will surely try to read those books.. ๐Ÿ˜€ but are they true stories??
    Not really....
    ๐Ÿ˜--Crazy
  • samboy2005
    samboy2005
    just read "Mein kamf" (My struggle) , Hitler's AB
    a must read , might change your outlook towards NAZI's n stuff and really inspiring !
  • confounded
    confounded
    I just finished reading Kite Runner. It's a great book.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Currently I am reading "The Comedy of Errors"
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I am reading "11 minuts"
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Even 'Shantaram' is a good novel.

Kite Runner is really a a good novl to read.... I enjoed that.

-Crazy
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Man, been so busy with studies. The only "novels" I'm reading at the moment are engineering textbooks ๐Ÿ˜”
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hi,
    Have anyone read Michael Crichton books? Jurassic park, The lost world, etc? He's a fantastic sci-fi writer. 'Prey' is a good one. Also check out 'Next'. It's a great book on dangers of bio enginering and DNA manipulations.
  • Neha
    Neha
    crazyboy
    Kite Runner is really a a good novl to read.... I enjoed that.

-Crazy
    Agree with you Crazyboy and if u like it, u can also read "a thousand splendid suns" by the same author. Its also a good novel to read.

Currently am reading "Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie!
  • aashima
    aashima
    I am reading The Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand these days! Her previous novel, The Fountain Head rests as one of my favorite novels. So thought of starting with this one and am finding it better! :smile:
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Try "The andromeda strain" by Michael Crichton. A great sci-fi book.

And anybody tried the recent booker prize winner "The White Tiger"? Any reviews? I read it and personally, I dont find anything so special in it to be worthy of a booker..

Currently am reading "Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie!
    hey, I'm also currently reading "Midnight's children".
  • lee_kim
    lee_kim
    i dont read many novels
    ^^
    here some titles:

DAVINCI CODE
    ANGELS AND DEAMON
    DIGITAL FORTERESS
    Twilight

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Honestly, I am not much into Poetry. But can't keep the joy of starting new thread :wink: I don't know how relevant is this thread here. Engineers - Poets :shock:...
Crazy Engineers! I'm glad to announce the launch of Usergroups. Checkout the 'Usergroups' link at top. Following usergroups have been created- -Aeronautical Engineers -Chemical Engineers -Civil Engineers -Electrical & Electronics...
Note# Ideas presented here aren't mine :? , just read them somewhere ๐Ÿ˜ฒ This question has popped up in my mind so many times. I read somewhere that it is...
Taken from 'Rediff' Not many can deny that Indian students are creative, innovative and scientifically inclined. When it comes to mathematics and the physical and biological sciences, Indian schoolchildren are...
Let's collect all ridiculously funny jokes here ๐Ÿ˜ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Here's mine - Q. Why do Gorillas have big nostrils? . . . A. Because they have big fingers ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜...