Not Proud Of The 8MP Camera In My Phone Anymore

As an engineer and a gadget freak, I'm always on the hunt for the best in hardware and software. When Samsung launched the phablet called 'Galaxy Note', I was one of the first ones on the planet to order it. The camera is more than impressive with 8 MP sensor, 3264x2448 pixels resolution, autofocus, LED flash and it comes with plenty of features including Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilisation etc. The camera captures great photographs on auto-mode and even makes me feel like a 'pro'. I've abolutely no complaints against the quality of the hardware, software and the quality of images. But I'm not proud of it anymore.

The Digital Cam Sucks Life From Life

The engineers who included the camera with the phone were smart people. The casual photographers don't want to carry their point-n-shoot everywhere so an all-in-one is the best option. Now wherever I go, the camera accompanies me. It's ready to capture every moment I want. But it's taking the life from the moments I'm supposed to enjoy myself; than preserve them for the generations to come. Instead of enjoying the moment, I'm busy selecting the best scene mode, perfect resolution, zoom level and so on. Result - I get the best possible shot with my phone, but I'd missed the moment I should have enjoyed.

#-Link-Snipped-#

At a Jungle Safari last year, we spotted a tiger and all of us were so busy capturing the moment in our phones that they totally missed the 'experience'.  Everyone aimed to capture the tiger in their phones so that they could upload it to Facebook and flaunt it among their friends. Isn't that normal these days? Go to any picnic spot and you'll see people trying to capture it all in their cams.

Photo Quality Does Not Matter

Ultimately, for most of the people, the photo quality does not matter. People are fine with the factory mode; and the main purpose of capturing the photo is to be able to 'show it off' to friends later. The spirit of capturing the photographs can be summarised to just one little sentence: "Yep, I Was There!".

I don't know whether I should really make it 'that important' to show off 'I was there'. I'm living my life for myself. Not to document it for other people. The worst thing about it that I'm never a part of the best photographs I've captured. What about you?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just as promised, Lenovo has launched its new laptop called the 'ThinkPad X1 Carbon', inspired from smartphones and tablets for features and designed to be ultra light weight. Featuring a...
World's biggest human edited encyclopedia, 'The Wikipedia' seems to be down. The front page of the website now shows following message - Our servers are currently experiencing a technical problem....
Nuance Communication, a company famous for it's speech and imaging applications has now come up with Nina - a new Voice Assistant app. The concept sounds more like Siri (Apple's...
Researchers at Disney Research, Pittsburgh have formulated a new wearable tactile technology which modifies the user's tactile perception of physical world by altering the feel of real-world objects like touch-screens,...
Beta 4 version of iOS 6 which was released to developers on Monday, has certain improvements and changes. One such change includes the absence of YouTube App. The app which...