Non Gear Car

Are there any non gear car, if no then why?
It would be a lot easy to drive using only 'Accelerator' and 'Brake' and no clutch pedal.

Replies

• Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    no updates till come on crazy engineers!
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Well there are automatic transmission vehicles that change the gears automatically.
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    ya! Actually I had a misconcept!
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Kedar Malwadkar
    It would be a lot easy to drive using only 'Accelerator' and 'Brake' and no clutch pedal.
    if there were cars which had only accelerator, brake pedal and no clutch pedal, then it would become impossibe to shift to reverse gear.
  • prabhu1992
    prabhu1992
    Kedar Malwadkar
    if gear is not having means how will you take reverse.....?
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    Without gears, practically its very hard to make a comfortable power train for a car.

For your convenience, Its Automatic Transmission where you don't need and gear shift or clutch to press. Just accelerate and go on.... There are so many cars with automatics transmission. Only drawback is there is a little less mileage of cars having automatic transmission than manual one.
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Every car should have a transmission system whether automatic or manual.The transmission system actually
    1)Gives a leverage to the car engine, it helps the engine to take up more load.
    2)Makes the drive smooth.
    3)Takes up any shock in the propeller shaft during sudden braking or accelerating.
  • vivsk65
    vivsk65
    without gears speed will slow
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    vivsk65
    without gears speed will slow
    Without a gearbox , there will be a constant speed,(the speed will neither increase or decrease).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

manufacturers catalogue of reciprocating compressor! please give me links.
Name: Vibhav Kulkarni Engineering trade: computer scinece Occupation:student Work experience: fresher Hobbies: cricket,book reading,trying out hardware experiments. Aim in life: Make my self as key asset for organization I'am working...
Hello every one .. I'am in my Final year computer Engineering. I need some guidance and help regarding my fianl year project , (an idea from the same site by...
please anybody tell me the working of two stroke petrol engine . I didn't i understand it in the class . please .
Yes. It is expected that the CAT 2012 notification will be out this Sunday. The sale of forms might commence on 30th of July and will go on till 17th...