Nokia Lumia 525 Specifications & Price Revealed As Launch Becomes Official

After being a part of lots of rumors and a series of leaks, Nokia Inc. has finally launched its much talked about smartphone - the Nokia Lumia 525. A successor to the ever-popular Nokia 520, we see that the smartphone manufacturer from Finland hasn't changed the phone in looks. As you look down the Nokia Lumia 525 specifications list, you find that there's an upgrade in the memory but everything else on the inside as well as outside looks the same. Let us take a look at the Windows 8 operating system running Lumia 525's features one by one.

The smartphone features a 4-inch IPS LCD screen with super sensitive touch, WVGA (800 x 480 pixel) resolution 235 ppi pixel density. Thanks to Brightness control, Orientation sensor and Lumia Color profile, the pictures on this Lumia's screen have TrueColor and look vivid and beautiful. Powered by the 1 GHx Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Dual-core processor, the Lumia 525 brings with it 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of internal memory which is expandable up to 64 GB using micro SD card. Nokia also provides 7 GB of free Cloud storage through SkyDrive.

On the camera front, the Nokia Lumia 525 features a 5 megapixel one on the rear with Auto focus and two-stage capture key. This rear cam sports a 4x Digital Zoom, a 1/4 inch sensor size, f/2.4 aperture and no flash. With Nokia Smart Camera, users also get to use features such as Touch focus, Landscape orientation, Auto and manual exposure, Auto and manual white balance, Active toolbar, Full screen viewfinder, Geotagging, Automatic photo upload to web services, Full resolution photo and video upload etc. among others. For video capturing, users can have full HD (1280 x 720 pixel) resolution recording with 30 fps frame rate and 4x digital zoom.

Nokia-Lumia-525
Among other tech specs, the Nokia Lumia 525 has 124 g weight and connectivity needs are catered to using Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, USB 2.0 and a 3.4mm audio connector. The phone supports Micro SIM card and brings with it a host of pre-loaded app for great productivity and fun. There's Business apps free for download like Adobe acrobat reader, Lync (Corporate IM) and Office apps such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, OneNote etc. For gaming lovers, it is good to note that the Lumia 525 sports support for DirectX 11, Touch UI as well as XBox-Live Hub.

When talking of a Nokia Lumia smartphone, we need to mention the facility of using the Location and navigation apps - HERE Drive, HERE Maps and HERE Transit. Using A-GPS, Cellular and Wi-Fi network positioning, A-GLONASS, a Lumia phone user can have free regional voice-guided directions, explore malls, stations and more with venue maps, Get around by bus or train and even compare route options. Users also get to use a rebranded Nokia MixRadio streaming music service. Check out the following video put up by Nokia to explore more features of the phone -

Inside the package of Nokia Lumia 525, buyers will find a Charger AC-20, Nokia Battery BL-5J , Nokia Charging and Data Cable CA-189CD and a Nokia Stereo Headset WH-108. According to the Verge, Nokia Lumia 525 will be available in Singapore initially on December 14th for SGD249 ($199). Nokia Inc. has confirmed that the phone will be launched eventually throughout Africa, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East.

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Update: Nokia Lumia 525 has arrived in India today (January 7, 2014) in gloss orange, white, yellow and matte black colour variants with a Rs. 10399 price tag.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Your smarts could soon be coming from horse hair, human hair, wool, feathers, yak hair, buffalo hair or any kind of synthetic material that shall be the main ingredient in...
hi friends......, Recently i completed my B.tech from IT and now i am in job trials and doing java course. and i need a online based part time job. Please...
hello friends i want to make my career in cyber security field can any body tell me which qualities are needed and how to start it.how can i join it...
MIT Media Lab churns out interesting projects and new technologies every now and then. The latest innovation coming out of the minds of three MIT Researchers, namely Ayush Bhandari, Refael...
Quote: The Wright Flyer took off in 1903 powered by a measly 12 horsepower straight-four. Little did Orville and Wilbur know that just 110 years later, their pokey engines would...