Nokia C3 Social Networking Phone Reviews & Price In India

Nokia, the name synonymous with mobile phones in India is now finding it difficult to compete with the local brands that have sprung up like mushrooms. The company already has very successful models in Indian market and now introducing power packed handsets at a low price. Nokia C3 is one such model. Let's review this phone and find out whether the phone is worth the price.

First Impressions:

Nokia-C3-Reviews

On the first look, anyone can confuse this phone with a high-end smartphone. Well, Nokia did manage to get stunning look on this phone with a FULL QWERTY keyboard and metallic looks! The phone comes in three different colors to suit your choice. Awesome job, Nokia! This phone is a bar type phone that fits perfectly in hands and makes all the keys accessible with the thumb.

Software:
This phone is a social networking phone and lets you customize the phone to your needs. For example, you can change the background theme/wallpaper of this phone and choose your own colors. You can have your Facebook screen right there on the top of everything so that you need not go through all the applications to access Facebook, Twitter etc. The phone has a picture phone book so that you can store your friends' photos in your contact list and use it to send messages or call your friends.

The home screen also displays various widgets to let you manage your email, chat, instant messages and text messages.

Connectivity:
This phone supports 2G and Wi-Fi. The absense of 3G is a big disappointment. However, college students will find this phone interesting as you can easily connect to the Internet using your college's wi-fi.

Screen:
The phone's got 2.4" bright LCD screen that displays photos and videos with vivid colors.

Messages & Mail:
There is a dedicated key for accessing text messages! The messages are stored in a conversation view which comes handy if you are an avid texter! The phone also allows you to configure up to 10 different email accounts (including Gmail, Yahoo mail and others) so that you will never be out of touch. In addition, there is facility to chat with your friends using Gtalk, Yahoo messenger and Company's own Ovi-Chat.

Camera:
The phone's got 2 MP camera. Which is a huge-huge disappointment for me. I'd have expected at least 5 MP if not 3.2 MP camera with this phone. You can't really capture good quality photographs with this phone. So if you like to click photos with your phone, you might have to consider other options available from C3's compititors.

Memory:
This phone has 55 Mb of internal memory which can be extended up to 8gb via microSD card. If you wish to store music on this phone, be ready to shell out at least 1k on getting a 4 GB memory card for this phone.

Other Features: This phone has music and video player as well as video recording facility. Of course, with a 2 mega pixel camera, you can't capture hi definition videos. Along with this, the phone has an FM radio and radio recording facility.

Price & Verdict: This phone is available in the market for about 6000/-, give or take a few hundred depending upon your location. I think if you care for the brand, you might want to consider this phone. However, for 6000 rupees, you can definitely find better phones available from Nokia's Indian competitors.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The new Nokia N97 Mini is a new phone in the N series that sports lot of improved features. The phone's got 3.5" widescreen and a very fast browsing experience,...
Indian mobile handsets company Micromax launched a touch screen smartphone on wdenesday, moduT, in partnership with Israel based modu limited to tap the "aspirational" segement of the consumers. The 3.5G...
I tried putting a Scratch Guard on my Samsung Wave's touchscreen and I could feel the difference. The response of the touch-screen was bit sluggish as compared to the response...
Bajaj Pulsar is one of the hottest selling motorcycles in India. I'm sure we've many Pulsar owners on CE. If you've used Bajaj Pulsar for at least a few weeks,...
Hi, I am Diva, doing 3rd year Electronics and communcation engineering.We are supposed to do our mini project after 1 month.I wish I could do my mini project using microcontrollers.I...