CrazyEngineers
  • mahindra was in fire for the past two years and now the auto firm had made a decision that they will be not launching any new vehicles till FY2016.The launch of the XUV500 was followed by the launches of the Quanto, Ssangyong Rexton, e2o and Verito Vibe. Some of the new products have had successful starts and some dont .Recently it was Dr. Pawan Goenka, President, automotive sector of Mahindra announced that It will not launch new products till 2016 and stated that -
    "We were ahead of the industry and we did all our major launches in last two years. This year we don’t have any new product launches, we do have variants for launch. Absolute new products will be launched only in FY2016".
    urlm
    For the next two years the Autogiant will be concentrating on the minor changes and releasing new upgrades for the already existing models.He also pointed that they were disappointed because of unsuccessfull e20 model and they are planning only on the variants.

I want to know the CEans take on this decision of MAhindra & Mahindra
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberAug 15, 2013

New vehicle platforms require significant R&D. They are more likely to recoup some funds first for the next few years before launching a new platform, hence their strategy to launch variants in lieu of this.

But its a bit surprising to publicly announce that they wont launch new products because they are "ahead" of the industry. That kind of mentality is not what customers want to hear.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 15, 2013

Considering the pace with what Mahindra was going for the past two years, I think such a statement would do some kind of damage to them. But it also justifies since they have given some good outputs. I think Mahindra will think about moving to Sedan segment in their upcoming LAUNCH PARTIES. And there will be no stopping for them at that time. They are a successful Indian brand and hope some good outcome will come out of this dry spell.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register