No brand new products from Mahindara & mahindra?

mahindra was in fire for the past two years and now the auto firm had made a decision that they will be not launching any new vehicles till FY2016.The launch of the XUV500 was followed by the launches of the Quanto, Ssangyong Rexton, e2o and Verito Vibe. Some of the new products have had successful starts and some dont .Recently it was Dr. Pawan Goenka, President, automotive sector of Mahindra announced that It will not launch new products till 2016 and stated that -
"We were ahead of the industry and we did all our major launches in last two years. This year we don’t have any new product launches, we do have variants for launch. Absolute new products will be launched only in FY2016".
urlm
For the next two years the Autogiant will be concentrating on the minor changes and releasing new upgrades for the already existing models.He also pointed that they were disappointed because of unsuccessfull e20 model and they are planning only on the variants.

I want to know the CEans take on this decision of MAhindra & Mahindra

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    New vehicle platforms require significant R&D. They are more likely to recoup some funds first for the next few years before launching a new platform, hence their strategy to launch variants in lieu of this.

But its a bit surprising to publicly announce that they wont launch new products because they are "ahead" of the industry. That kind of mentality is not what customers want to hear.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Considering the pace with what Mahindra was going for the past two years, I think such a statement would do some kind of damage to them. But it also justifies since they have given some good outputs. I think Mahindra will think about moving to Sedan segment in their upcoming LAUNCH PARTIES. And there will be no stopping for them at that time. They are a successful Indian brand and hope some good outcome will come out of this dry spell.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

yes we had debated a lot on the crash test and now comes the question on reliabilty on Indian Cars.We should force the Car manufacturers to undergo "strict safety a,crash...
Meru Cabs, the India based radio cab service, has recently launched a mobile booking app for both Google Android and Apple iPhone devices. The Meru Cabs App download is now...
The Hyundai Elantra facelift 2014 is here. The company has revealed the official images of the revamped Hyundai Elantra 2014. It's covers recently went off in South Korea. To be...
hi friends i have faced three interview and oops concepts are asked there with the real life example and implement in coding. i told them all concept theoretically but could...
It is difficult to render cloth accurately in presentations, especially if it is textured, shiny, multicolored or self patterned. Google software engineer Iman Sadegi seems to have solved this by...