No Application Fee For Girls in IITs - Good move?

The IITs are trying to balance the gender-ratio.
With the entrance examination a mere eight months away—on April 8—the IIT-JEE body has decided to cancel application fee for girls.

However, at the same time, it has raised this fee for boys, from R1,000 to R1,600 for online applications and R1,800 for physical applications.

What do you think? Is it a good move or a bad one?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    AbraKaDabra
    The IITs are trying to balance the gender-ratio.
    With the entrance examination a mere eight months away—on April 8—the IIT-JEE body has decided to cancel application fee for girls. What do you think? Is it a good move or a bad one?
    Anything to get more girls into engineering is good. However, can we seriously think that a mere Rs.1800 is the reason for the imbalance?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I do not think that a top notch technology institute should talk about balancing gender ratio. Rather it should think on finding out the real reasons behind less no. of girls joining engineering.

It might be the case that perhaps there is a trend in girls in not joining engineering. IITs should instead focus on changing the mind set of people and taking steps in direction of spreading awareness among masses.

INR 1800 cannot be a *real* reason. It will not boost girls joining IITs even if the move will be one of the positive steps in making them join.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys.... I'm an 2nd year B.E.(ece) student... I'm thinking of pursuing MS in some foreign univs... Please tell me some scholarships so tat i can apply for them.... I'm...
hello friends here is some quiz race anyone interested they can register and get there its really awesome guys here the link Cognizant Events all the best guys 👍
Hi Guys, really need some help here due to my lack of knowledge in the electrical field. basically i dont understand the circuit in the following link ImageShack® - Online...
HI, Sir I am ketan i am doing BE in Electrical and electronics engineering. I am so much interested in Astronomy and astrophysics line from my childhood. I also written...
What is the best site to create online quiz ? 😕