Nissan targets Autonomous Drive plan by 2020

The Japanese auto major Nissan is planning to up the ante on autonomous cars by being in the market with a range of autonomous cars by 2020.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Removing human interference from driving is the last step to reduce accidents

But cyber security will be the most important stuff and that will be both the boon and the bane of this project

Let's wait for the autonomous car testing centre next year and lets see what can be done in cyber security.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Apart from the security point of view, we also need to focus on the part where the response of the caris crucial in crowded places. You can monitor the speed, but what about accuracy. Automated cars won't be able to drive efficiently in extremely crowded areas.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka
    Apart from the security point of view, we also need to focus on the part where the response of the caris crucial in crowded places. You can monitor the speed, but what about accuracy. Automated cars won't be able to drive efficiently in extremely crowded areas.
    See the video given in the link and then talk about the efficiency of the sensors. The human dummy was pushed right before the car and it could steer away.

Humans can't do that
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    See the video given in the link and then talk about the efficiency of the sensors. The human dummy was pushed right before the car and it could steer away.

Humans can't do that
    It is one thing to work with dummy in testing videos. A complete different thing to work live in the market. A place where there might be similar cars running and surely 100 more live people walking the place.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka
    It is one thing to work with dummy in testing videos. A complete different thing to work live in the market. A place where there might be similar cars running and surely 100 more live people walking the place.
    Then wait for a year a complete real time set up will be launched next year and then we will actual test it for 100% utilization and also for any potential bugs will be resolved before it will be launched on a wider scale
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I support Conqueror and I trust Automated cars are the real future of world.It can avoid human faults and we could experience a hastle free journey in future.But only thing to be addressed is the source of automated cars.It should be designed as such it should not fail under immence conditions and catastropic failure can lead to great chaos.Artificial sensors are great and they were far great than human efficiency.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Sir truly saying, I like the plan of Nissan. But I have a point that a man can be believed but a machinery can't be believed. Lets suppose there might be a circuit failure in the car, then how the car will control itself.
    There is no doubt that the concept is good, but the car in terms of faith is upto the mark. Its not that Nissan is not having a good launched cars. Nissan has launched many cars with better and advanced features.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MODNOTE: unnecessary URLs removed.
    vikaskumar11233
    Sir truly saying, I like the plan of Nissan. But I have a point that a man can be believed but a machinery can't be believed. Lets suppose there might be a circuit failure in the car, then how the car will control itself.
    There is no doubt that the concept is good, but the car in terms of faith is upto the mark. Its not that Nissan is not having a good launched cars. Nissan has launched many cars with better and advanced features.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    New Cars in 2023 : New Cars Price in India | CarDekho.com
    Ok I am not agreeing to your point .consider if an driver had a heart attack or he is an drunken one, what will happen? This is same as circuit failure and humans are not reliable as machines during any work.
  • Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    Humans will be losing their control of the vehicle due to this..Because vehicle is controlling itself.. Also its really impossible to make all vehicles on the road to be automatic.. It may need a very complex circuit. No overtaking is possible. No emergency high speed drive is possible...Traffic also cant be monitorized and kept in control. A vehicle will become a riding coaster... Peoples will lose interest in travelling in autonomous vehicles...
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Velshankar M
    Peoples will lose interest in travelling in autonomous vehicles...
    I do not drive any vehicle except a bicycle. Always a passenger. In that sense I am in a vehicle that is autonomous as far as I am concerned. How about a bus? How about a plane on autopilot? A space station?
    I strongly believe it has a bright feature but untill the electronic control unit is strongly encrypted and be safe from hacking because hacking of autonomous vehicles can be a good weapon for terrorist.They can control it remotely and do whatever they want.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Bosch e clutch allows drivers using manual transmission to use first gear without using the clutch. We can simply use the brake and gas pedal just like the automatic...
hello CEeans i have many question regarding this topic....let me put my questions 1)There is a device called rectenna which convert microwave frequency into DC signal...if this possible compact devices...
WANT TO KNOW SOME DETAILS ON VALVE STICKING: Hi CEans I want to know a some basic details on “Valve Sticking”.I am doing an ppt on Biogas and found that...
Recent trend shows that all Auto giants are greatly investing in the R&D department for implementing or to introduce first Auto Pilot Cars.All are striving hard to lead this new...
i have created a c++ program in which a user inputs a number and the compiler gives the sum of digits at hundred ,tens and ones place of that number...