Nikola Tesla was one of the greatest ever??

While stumbling at FF I stumbled upon an interesting website and thought of sharing with you all. What do you think does this make any sense???

Why Nikola Tesla was the greatest geek who ever lived - The Oatmeal

-CB

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Teslaic electrical is way beyond his times

As for as his inventions Some are a mystery even now Whereas Edison is patent man No other evidence is noted of his own theories

Well AC is ruling almost every thing now a days But At the same time a world with out DC power is also not advisable
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nope, how do we decide who's the greatest ever inventor? That comic strip was all over the Internet a few months ago. I think every innovator in this world has equal share in the 'greatness'. Because without their invention, the world wouldn't be the same.
  • lal
    lal
    Indeed, Tesla was one of the greatest ever. Tesla inarguably opened a lot of doors. Even made this world a better place to live.

I always felt that it is a great loss to humanity that wireless power transmission project of Tesla didn't come in to existence.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    We are talking about a scientist who doesn't believe in Patents and compared with a one who was patent man.

Can't resist myself in tagging #-Link-Snipped-#

-CB
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    This topic reminded me the film "The Prestige" where Nikola tesla experimenting wireless transmission os electric energy.
    What could have happened if wireless transmission was invented?
    It would have saved a lot of raw material and loss during transmission.
    Do you agree?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Telsa is a true inspiration for engineers.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Patents, Copyrights have always been the hurdle to the discoveries. In this comic, we came to know that why Nikola didn't showed his wireless power transmission project to the world.

Whenever I say against licensing,Copyrighting,patenting,etc. I never mean that i am against that company or the product or their technology,I am against their license. The core reason is that these shit kills the innovation,discoveries.
    IMO, sharing or Open sourcing, Free licensing,etc. allows some scientists & Engineers to work in the project without being worried about the patent infringements.
    Have you wondered why Opensource project always go hit ? Because it attracts the Engineers & scientists. We enjoy working in free environment.We don't want "you cant do this & that" bullshit.
    I can write pages on this topic,however how much i try to spread the word for Opensource stuff, It's tough to make some people understand the consequences, because all they care is money.
    And, BTW whoever says that you can't earn dimes without patenting/licensing/copyrighting ? It's time to educate yourself.

After reading the comic entirely, I found that : Edison = Steve Jobs.

If I find a person who invented these patents,licenses & copyrights I would first shoot at his nuts, spit on his face & shoot his ugly face with shotgun making a piranha sized hole. #Barbarian_Rage.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I came across one of the interview with Joseph L. Bower, Professor, Harvard Business School. He talks about an effective CEO, and work for companies committed to leadership development, and...
When ever we see the name of Lamborghini all that a person remembers is the super low version cars Well here is a car to ponder about from Lamborghini in...
An unlikely source has filed a lawsuit against Apple for patent infringement – Boston University. The educational institution previously associated with being a pioneer in social media and an outspoken...
I remember Apple iPads used to be a trend atleast till last year. Now iPads have turned into iPad minis. And even Kindle has introduced a smaller display that's about...
I found this amazing Among the 2 compression techniques the output from the MPEG-4 seems to provide very less data rate compared to that of MPEG-2 What can be the...