New Yahoo Mail Beta Review And How To Activate It

The Titanic called Yahoo is doing what it should have done years ago when Google was trying to launch Gmail - that's my initial reaction after looking at the new Yahoo Mail Beta. If you are not aware of this - here's a news for you: Yahoo has silently launched the beta version of Yahoo Mail and I admit it's heck better than the old yahoo mail and also, I dare say, Gmail (my personal opinion).

Let's look at the improvements in Yahoo Mail Beta -

1. Color Scheme:
The first thing you'll notice in the new Yahoo mail is that it's got a purple color scheme. I'm not sure whether the company will allow people to change it, but I personally think it looks awesome. I love the color and the overall interface looks very pleasing to eyes. I must say Yahoo's put in lot of efforts in improving the look of the UI.

Yahoo-Mail-Beta

2. Speed:
Finally, Yahoo's learned from Google that people love speed. The new Yahoo mail (actually!) loads faster than the previous version of Yahoo mail. I could notice the difference. The company claims that the performance has improved two folds and everything from mailbox to the emails load two times faster. I'm not sure about the claim, but the mailbox indeed loads faster.

3. Functionality:
I don't use Yahoo mail quite often. So I can't really comment on what are the big changes. But from what I see, it looks like Yahoo's made it possible to view YouTube videos, Picasa and Flickr slideshows, and other items right in the messages. Quite useful feature I must say.

4. Integrated Messenger:
This is not exactly a new feature, however the messenger looks really sophisticated and useful. I like the new look and speed. One thing I noticed is that, I must manually sign in to chat in the new beta to be visible to all the contact lists. Useful feature when I don't want people to ping me whenever I'm in the middle of some important task/mail.

5. Want to try it on your own?
Hit the following link and login to Yahoo mailbox using your Y! UserID & Password: #-Link-Snipped-#

My opinion:
Even though I don't use Yahoo Mail Beta, I love it! I think Yahoo should have done it few years ago to prevent Gmail stealing its lunch. Anyway, better late than never. Yahoo's done a good job. I hope it will help Yahoo retain its mail users. By the way, Yahoo mail is still the second biggest email provider in the world, the first one being Hotmail aka Live Mail.

Your Opinion:
Why not try Yahoo Mail beta and post your experience?

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    I'm using this yahoo bteta version for some two weeks. it's nice 😀 looks good too.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I went to the Dell Premier Outlet today to check out the new Android Based Tablet. The representative informed me that the Dell Streak will be launched in India during...
I'm aware that many CEans are facing problems with viewing the attachments. This issue is being worked on. I'll post an update very soon. If you have questions, please let...
Penguin is launching a social network for book addicts called 'SpineBreakers' 😛 Spinebreakers already exists as a content website. But it does not have any tools which allow its users...
HI, i am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am a ICT student and I am planing to do a research project, My...
Is there any evidence to show that Pushing something, warms it? Surely, if you Push something, and keep pushing, isn't there going to be some Compression, and some Compaction as...