New to Pro/Engineer modelling

Hello CEans

I have only recently started working with Pro/E and I'm trying to find the answer to a couple of doubts that I have. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with these.

1. I have a sketch consisting of only a few rectangles. I want to extrude each rectangle by a different distance into the plane. Every time I try to extrude, I can only get all the rectangles extruded by the same distance. What should I be doing?

2. I also have to model this crane arm (similar to this - #-Link-Snipped-#), but I can neither use the extrude nor the sweep tool. How should I go about it?

Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it.

-Nikhil

Replies

• ashishgupta652
    ashishgupta652
    hello Nikhil,,.
    u can make ur all rectangles equaaly extruded by editing defination of them and applying the constraint equal on all the same sides of different rectangles and make them equally extruded.😀
  • riz
    riz
    With your first problem. you need build your part with multiple sketches, or after extruding the part go back and cut the different pieces of your part to length. In a single part file you can have many different sketches making up a piece. Try breaking your part down into simpler pieces. You can only extrude a single sketch to one length.
    I hope this helps.
    I will try to answer your second problem later.
  • riz
    riz
    For the second problem you will have to build an assembly. Thats a pretty advanced model for someone who is new to pro/e. I am assuming you are new to pro/e correct?
    Each part of your assembly will have to be modeled seperately, then assembled together as a composite. pretty much the same as it would be done in the "real" world. realisticly a model like that will take an individual many hours to build, even if they know a number of shortcuts.
    I have four plus years experience with pro/e. currently I use solidworks on a daily basis, they work very similiar, pro/e is more advanced though.
  • Roberthell
    Roberthell
    Hi,

If you are new to pro engineer, You can try reading materials on #-Link-Snipped-#
    Those explanations are very elaborate.

Robert

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am trying to create a simple program that will return the address of host ie my computer but it gives me exception null I don't understand why? here is...
hello everyone... I need a schematic of rms (effective voltage) that is designed by opamps and transistors. I found a circuit in the name of "true rms detector" but i...
.. Whaling is rampant in waters of INDIAN oceans on the name of research. Each season app 2500 whales are killed on the most cruel manner. WSPA has launched a...
Officially announced! ( not the drunken act of the employee 😁) Iphone 4 promises 100 new features and as of now, looks too hot to handle! and OS4 can be...
I am bumping into the same error for a very long time. fid=fopen('abc.m') fid = -1 I store a m file(and a txt file in desktop and import it to...