New Skype 5 Beta Supports About 10 People In Group Video Call

Skype has released new beta version 5 of its video calling software. In a #-Link-Snipped-#, the Skype officials say -

Today we’ve released an update to Skype for Windows. The second beta of Skype 5.0 brings a number of changes both outside and in – most importantly, you can now make group video calls with up to 10 people. It also welcomes in a fresh new look, as well as increased stability and better quality when making group video calls. Read on to find out more, or #-Link-Snipped-#. Make group video calls with up to 10 people

You can now use Skype to make group video calls* with up to 10 people – letting you bring even more of your family, friends or business together, even if you’re cities or continents apart.

Note that everyone in a group video call now needs to be running this version, so if your friends, family or colleagues are using Beta 1, they’ll have to upgrade before you can include them in group video calls.
A refreshed user interface

You’ll notice that the new-look Skype is sleeker, neater and crisper than before, and we’re proud of the work our interface designers have done to refine and mature the interface for this version. We’ve also added Skype Home, where you can follow your contacts' mood messages, set your profile picture and mood message, receive account notifications and learn more about using Skype.

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Wow!! That's great..

But I think this kind of group video calls will require very high internet speeds and will hog the bandwidth...

I'll have to try it sometime soon..!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Lifehacker did a trial run and found that the video quality dropped significantly after 5th caller joined in, and afterwards the audio didn't work. I'm sure Skype is aware of the problem and will fix it. We can't expect much as it's still in BETA.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello moderator, sir i m pursuing btech in it field. Now i m in 3rd year.Can u suggest me whether certificate matters in the incampus or offcampus placements? I have...
HP raised its offer by $3 to $33 per share, beating Dell's latest $32-a-share offer and ending an exchange of bids that escalated to levels that many analysts said was...
Deutsche Bank is moving a portion of its back office processes from Infosys BPO to its captive centre in the city. Critical processes related to clients' trade and derivatives will...
Toshiba has announced the voluntary recall of about 41,000 notebook computers worldwide at risk of overheating and burning users. The recalled models are the Satellite T135, Satellite T135D and Satellite...
When Samsung debuted its Galaxy Tab on Thursday, it made a bold claim: the device is at least as good as today's dominant tablet, Apple's iPad. Anyone has a take...