New Members! Want to improve your English? Look here

Hello All,

For many of us, English is not mother tongue. It's just another subject taught in School and you need to clear it , in order to stand in a good position in class.The same attitude has continued and when you are in your 11 and 12 every one of us concentrate only on the CET exams, and we need to! It's our life's turning point of our life.

and then come to ENGINEERING , messed up with projects and internals . When you come out of college you go on a job hunt. In all this process we are missing some thing very important but given least priority -COMMUNICATION SKILLS

you have a wonder full idea and you are trying to express it, but the other person is really unable to understand you , it definetly frustates you.πŸ˜”

We need to communicate properly, express what we want to say properly so that It would be easier for others to help us

So let's start with basics.our communication skills.

Don't be worried if some one point's out your sentence, we are all here to correct each other and improve.

This thread is dedicated for all those who are aware they can't handle english . Let's get it right

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    A good initiative. I have seen some posts where the person is unable to express his thoughts. I think I will join these classes too.
  • shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    ohhh,, gr8 brother
  • Differential
    Differential
    Well, good initiative. I'm in ! How do we go ahead? and yeah, our administrator can help us! He is good in English. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Don't have false impressions, guys. I'm far from being good at English. We only request our CEans to follow basic rules and strict NO to SMS text.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm.

How about some self search in CE and looking how the same idea could have been expressed?

ok.

you say your are skill full at some thing.

what would you say if you are not so good at it?

the thread will ake a form slowly 😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    This is good!

A great way of improving english would be writing more articles πŸ˜€ Hopefully we'll have more competitions like those.

We could gather some materials on improving english for engineers, not only for forum environment, but also report writing (link it with Mayur's initiative). That'll be beneficial for students for sure.

Maybe split the lessons into different parts. So, Lesson 1: Expressing your idea with the correct vocabulary. etc. Of course, that'll only work if theres genuine interest in trying to improve their english.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep, we'll regularly have such contests.
  • rama_krish627
    rama_krish627
    Hi Durga this is a nice idea. We all are trying to improve our communication skills too.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    durga
    hmm.

ok no one attempted this . no worries..

the right word is 'inept'.
    sentence: Dexter was dexterous but dee dee was 'inept' at scientific experiments

synonyms:
    dexterous - skill full
    inept - without a skill
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    guys I would need your help to get this going. Please start off!
    shoot your sentences and suggestions..
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ash
    We could gather some materials on improving english for engineers, not only for forum environment, but also report writing (link it with Mayur's initiative). That'll be beneficial for students for sure.
    I have IELTS material with me πŸ˜€

I can share them I mean i can type in each lesson
  • safwan
    safwan
    its helpfull and usfull too to student like me thanks all i ll start this lessons..
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Safwan ,

Nice to know that you are willing to imrpove your communication skills

So donnot be offended if I re arrange your sentence

"its helpfull and usfull too to student like me thanks all i ll start this lessons.."

firstly you are mentioning two advantages 1 helpful and second useful
    and you are using too

so your sentence would look much better if it was " its both helpful and useful .

i feel its for students rather than to students .. guys you need to correct me here πŸ˜”
    secondly, do use punctuation marks when you write

so..
    "its both helpful and useful for students like me.Thanks all.I will start these lessons"

what say?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Durga, you are a natural English teacher πŸ˜€

Yea, the IELTS materials would be useful. Perhaps each lesson can be a separate thread and we can "sticky" them. What do you think, biggie?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Durga,

I have already said that its a nice initiative. To start with, why dont you list down few problems faced by engineers while communicating and then help them out by suggesting solutions?

For example, we Indians have a stupid habit of forming large sentences. Next, they often get confused in complex tenses (past present, future perfect etc.) It will be nice to start a tutorial on this. Let me know if you need my help.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok Sirjee!!

the problem what i am facing now is .. where should I start from?
    firstly vocabulary
    2.sentence formation
    eg: i want like a good project blah.. blah .. blah..
    3.miss usage of tenses
    i am wanting to join blah.. blah.. blah...
    4.using spoken slang as written English!!! ehhh!!!
    pls pls pls give a good project to me..
    using multiple 'pls' doesn't emphasis on the urgency,It just indicates grammatical mistake
    5. using mothe tongue grammar, i mean forming the sentence in the same way as what we fomr in our mother tongues

instead of 'can I have it? ' using ' I can have it?' you defnitely can't form ' can I have it ' in your mother tongue.

so we should kick start at one point. we need to decide which will be the corner stone for this.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Well you certainly are a good teacher, Durga.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ash
    Durga, you are a natural English teacher πŸ˜€

Yea, the IELTS materials would be useful. Perhaps each lesson can be a separate thread and we can "sticky" them. What do you think, biggie?
    yeah ! need to do something πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, I think engineers in organizations tend to talk a lot of jargon and less personal opinions. Its hard for them to liaise properly with other departments like marketing and so on. But, I dont think its a language problem.. its more of communication protocols.

Back to this initiative, maybe we'll start with the english aspect, and we'll try to relate it to the engineering environment. I guess we can follow the pathway listed by Durga, i.e. vocabulary, etc. I also have some materials, but more so towards occupational purposes. I can add it with Durga's ones.
  • laxman7m
    laxman7m
    I appreciate the initiative....
  • Amjath
    Amjath
    i'll try my level best
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Amjath
    i'll try my level best
    hi Amjath!!

Good that you want to try your level best!!!

So let's start with you.

Tell CE about you..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    hi i would like to add something , we were discussing about a word dextrous ,there is another word Ambidextrous means a person able to work with both the hands.
    a famous ambidextrous - Lenardo da vinci.
    and there was a planning going on there for english teaching in the forum.
    i am eagarly waiting for that so please i am ready to contribute and participate in all the events or forums or watever to improve my language, so guys am ever ready for the big battle which fetch me a knowledge which am waiting for.😎
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Ambidextrous means a person able to work with both the hands
    Speaking of this word, it's etymology is as follows:

the greek word 'ambi' means 'both';
    'dexter' means right handed.

In early days, the concept of left handedness was not known. Or rather, it was rare. So, if you do something with your right hand, you are skillful at it. So, ambidextrous means skilled equally in using both hands. The opposite, ambilevous is formed in the same way.
    'levous' means 'left handed'. which means, he's not skillful in something. So, ambilevous means clumsy and unskilled in using either hand.

This is an example of using etymology or the roots of the word to develop vocabulary. I highly recommend the book "Word power made easy" by Norman Lewis for this.
  • shuklrakesh
    shuklrakesh
    Hey...dear friend.......thanx...I really need friends just like you....I would like to join you for improoving my english..........would you plzz give me some ideas to get acheived this target?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    shuklrakesh
    Hey...dear friend.......thanx...I really need friends just like you....I would like to join you for improoving my english..........would you plzz give me some ideas to get acheived this target?
    BASIC RULES:
    1.no long string of .... No need to say you are waiting when you are typing
    long string of dots are basically used in a sentnece when you have a lot to write but cant do it due and skip the portion of sentence

for eg: think......flower

see from above sentnece you can make that the sentence begins from think and ends with flower but really dont know how long is the sentence

2.spell thanks .πŸ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    English-Scared
    hi i would like to add something , we were discussing about a word dextrous ,there is another word Ambidextrous means a person able to work with both the hands.
    a famous ambidextrous - Lenardo da vinci.
    and there was a planning going on there for english teaching in the forum.
    i am eagarly waiting for that so please i am ready to contribute and participate in all the events or forums or watever to improve my language, so guys am ever ready for the big battle which fetch me a knowledge which am waiting for.😎
    woah!change your name to englishspeaker!! haha! cool😁
    fristly, this is no class πŸ˜€ no ones a teacher here, we are sharing what we know is correct. so start contributing.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'm ambidextrous, only in basketball though πŸ˜›

Regarding trailing dots, those are only used when you are quoting from a source. So, in your report for example:
    As Kaustubh (2008) mentioned in his master thesis, 'Screw it, lets do it ... I am what you are not.'
    Generally, three dots are used if you are skipping a word or few words. Four dots are used if you are skipping whole sentences.

I'm not sure if this differs from referencing styles though.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Hey, tell you what I was not aware of the of usagefour dots(....) .
    and talking about being ambidextrous, I was trying to imitate one of my physics lecture back in my college. He was amazing, on the right end of black board he would use right hand and on the other end left hand!!
  • shuklrakesh
    shuklrakesh
    Thanks dear, really I was not aware of uses of four dots(....) and initative nature really impressed me a lot. Surely we will learn a lot with each other.Take care. Meet u soon on CE
  • shuklrakesh
    shuklrakesh
    By using an inexorable weapons of word power we will get full command on english soon and all of you are doing the same.. Great dear.Keep it up it's really joyous.
  • kidiee4u
    kidiee4u
    Hi Durga,

Its good to emphasis about importance of communication skills in this forum. On my experience,lack of communication skill is due to lack of practise in communicating with the people in English.Even me i can write on any topic without grammar mistakes but the problem is I cant speak on the same topic.
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    A good initiative.

Hats off.

A suggestion from my side. "Inculcate the Habit". Try to communicate in English most of the times. Do not be afraid if your vocabulary is weak. It will improve by time. Do not feel embraced if some one corrects you. Try to consult dictionary on regular basis for any new word you come across.

I am also trying to "Inculcate the Habit"

cheers
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ashuashi
    "Inculcate the Habit"

hey, thanks for the peice of advice! It was missed before.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ashuashi
    "Inculcate the Habit"
    hey, thanks for the peice of advice! It was missed before. πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    is left hand for rubbing what he wrote, just kidding.
    thanks silver scorpion for your information.i will contribute after a few days as such i am reading a book word power made easy, then we can play around with words as well.
    guys , please suggest a good book for english grammar other that Wren and Martin.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Why not Wren Martin?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    i have that book , so i need some other good book which can provide many examples than w & m.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    here is some other books for vocabulary..

6 weeks to words of power
    Tyranny of words

Ans as for grammar, I personally think Wren and Martin is about as good as it gets. Other books... well, you have the internet, so you can get as many examples as you want.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok All,

I have come out with two ideas. this very basic plan-suggested by Biggie though!

I have found this site with a good number of words, each day on word will be discussed along with few sentences.
    Not only synonyms. it will make the game boring, we will try and find all the anonyms as well( words with opposite meaning)😁

there is no restriction that only one person should initiate, everyone can do the samey

second being a hangman, but it will be of only for vocabulary building
    A meaning of a sentence is given and - - - - - - - - will be given for words,
    guessing the meaning and inputting each alphabet to fill the blank.

every user can input only 1 alphabet at one time πŸ˜€ and not more than 2 per day( this is just to allow other to contirbute as well)

if incase the word is not out by 2 days or if the number of guesses have exceeded the word count , then the quizzzer get a point πŸ˜€

so all ready?
    click here -> #-Link-Snipped-#
    click here -> #-Link-Snipped-#
    and guess what at end of every three months we change the games( word building will hang on though)

Biggie any modifications needed?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Great going there Durga... cool.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    hi whats ur name? and where r u from?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    What is the progress on this initiative? No new word game or a tutorial?

Durga where are you?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hi mayur,

two word games have started.

one is amlost dead! πŸ˜”
    the other one has two to three regular members...
  • shoaib_y4u2
    shoaib_y4u2
    good initiative... but how....? lets create a forum 4 it...
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Forum ?? sounds Crazy dude.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    shoaib_y4u2
    good initiative... but how....? lets create a forum 4 it...
    firstly,
    Forum for it . no SMS language in CE πŸ˜€
    secondly, CE itself is an awesome forum for people who recognise it's potential. So any ideas just shoot out here. There are many many infact 32K+ people who listen to you
  • Instinctz
    Instinctz
    I dont know about 32k+... nearly half of forum members are spammers, along with half of page hits (or more).
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Instinctz
    I dont know about 32k+... nearly half of forum members are spammers, along with half of page hits (or more).
    You never need 32K+ answers.

All you need is a SINGLE appropriate and correct answer. so we are not bothered about leechers here in CE , we have our very efficient Mods who weed out spammers so dont you worry about it 😁

WELCOME TO CE
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Welcome to CE ..
    Dont check for the Negatives there will be anywhere like spammers here.

learn here you can learn much 😎😎
  • terenasstand
    terenasstand
    hello
    This is a good start,i want to improve my english!!!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Hi Terenasstand,

welcome.We have two threads running in our puzzle section 1hang me if you can and word wars which are for improving your vacabulary. Please participate in themπŸ˜€
  • savitha_chandu
    savitha_chandu
    can you pls send me links about vocabulary and all the stuff related to it
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    There aren't any links. You learn here in this thread.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    *puts hand up*

Ma'am, you've experimented with using Google Sites already. Maybe you can create on the CE Network to host all your lessons? You can create separate pages for each lesson πŸ˜€
  • gohm
    gohm
    Why not just post here fast1 so all can benefit and all CEans can help?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ Savitha and fast1

Do you want us to roll and laugh?
    Sorry , but we donnot provide any kind of ready made stuff.We have few word building threads which have been mentioned in this thread and you are always welcome to participate, this would not only enhance your skills but also others.

Also, you are very free to start up your own gaming threads πŸ˜€

Please be a CEan here by not expecting ready made stuff.Thanks!
  • Ayie
    Ayie
    er...,after read all post reply in this thread. i still don't get how to play your word game durga.but still i like to participate in this thread .My english not so good.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    hi Ayie, look here..

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ayie
    Ayie
    silverscorpion
    hi Ayie, look here..

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    i think i understand,but need some
    example,pls...
  • manishagoel1
    manishagoel1
    i am new to this crazy engineer community and want to improve my english as soon as possible.

durga
    Hello All,

For many of us, English is not mother tongue. It's just another subject taught in School and you need to clear it , in order to stand in a good position in class.The same attitude has continued and when you are in your 11 and 12 every one of us concentrate only on the CET exams, and we need to! It's our life's turning point of our life.

and then come to ENGINEERING , messed up with projects and internals . When you come out of college you go on a job hunt. In all this process we are missing some thing very important but given least priority -COMMUNICATION SKILLS

you have a wonder full idea and you are trying to express it, but the other person is really unable to understand you , it definetly frustates you.πŸ˜”

We need to communicate properly, express what we want to say properly so that It would be easier for others to help us

Don't be worried if some one point's out your sentence, we are all here to correct each other and improve.

This thread is dedicated for all those who are aware they can't handle english . Let's get it right
  • Differential
    Differential
    Hi Manisha, welcome to the forum!
  • shri123
    shri123
    durga
    Hello All,

===================================
    hello buddy i read your comment dear i agry with you dear english is avery important part of our life we can't get success without english if you havegood communication skills then you should get success dear thanx for this information
    Neil Johnson
  • rafaqat
    rafaqat
    hi.thanx to inform me a lot of things about that i don't know.
    you have give a new turn to my life, best of luck
  • rafaqat
    rafaqat
    hi.😁
  • istar007
    istar007
    hi everybody how can i improve my communication skill in english language
  • Differential
    Differential
    istar007
    hi everybody how can i improve my communication skill in english language
    Here is what I did.

1) Read English books
    2) Watch English movies (initially with English subtitles)
    3) Talk to yourself and others in English
    4) Learn new words, proverbs, styles of sentences everyday and use them in day to day life
    5) Be active on CE πŸ˜€ (Yes, it helps)
  • abhijeet2020_p
    abhijeet2020_p
    i am new to this crazy engineer community and want to improve my english as soon as possible:smile:
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hey abhijeet introduce your self in Introduction section.

And there are threads in CE - Quiz... section on improving English , go through them.

If you have any specific questions post general help section.

Be active read many posts and post many you will improve your language .

My motto joining this forum was the same and i improved a lot
    πŸ˜€
    +
  • Echo
    Echo
    Great, i think we need to practise more and more, the more the better and don't be shy to express ourselves.
  • tuanmaru
    tuanmaru
    I am also a newbie. I live in Vietnam. Nowadays, English becomes important more and more. I think that chatting with the foreigner is the good chance to improve my English. I hope that I can make friends with the member of our forum. Nice to meet u!

By the way,Welcome u to my #-Link-Snipped-#!
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Good thread..
    Lets me mingle with you guys...
  • crazpiyush
    crazpiyush
    i m also new in CE , i also want to improve my English.
    GREAT thread MAN..😁
  • cowboy
    cowboy
    Your are right place to improve your english.Now days english become important in every field.
    Welcome to ce.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Hi......
    Really this CE also helps us to improve our english a lotttt.............{{{not only english but everything we can improve in this}}}...........I truely improved my enlish knowledge somewhat..........

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS..THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY..
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    crazpiyush
    i m also new in CE , i also want to improve my English.
    GREAT thread MAN..😁
    Welcome to our CE family...😁
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Hey ! Im also new here. Decided to start from that thread because i also want an improving of my English language skills . You gain your communication skills by your experiences. In the beginning someone noted that if you havent good communication skills , your post are poor. In my opinion that depends on writtings skills and has nothing to do with communication.
    πŸ˜‰ #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • tammy140
    tammy140
    This is good!

A great way of improving english would be writing more articles :smile: Hopefully we'll have more competitions like those.

We could gather some materials on improving english for engineers, not only for forum environment, but also report writing. That'll be beneficial for students for sure.
  • ramkumar_mech
    ramkumar_mech
    hiiii...

hi... im new to CE i want to know details abt this CE will u help.....😎
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: hiiii...

ramkumar_mech
    hi... im new to CE i want to know details abt this CE will u help.....😎
    Look here what our CEans are saying -

#-Link-Snipped-#

PS: No SMS text on CE Forums, please πŸ˜€
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    We could divide this initiative into modules. One module could deal with grammar, others with tenses, sentence formation, so on and so forth. I have come across a lot of people who do speak english, albeit with woefully incorrect grammar!! This could help them focus on areas which they are deficient in..
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    mad_scientist
    We could divide this initiative into modules. One module could deal with grammar, others with tenses, sentence formation, so on and so forth. I have come across a lot of people who do speak english, albeit with woefully incorrect grammar!! This could help them focus on areas which they are deficient in..

nice initiative... 😁 make it soon maddy.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    mad_scientist

Maddy start it soon , which will help me a lot πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mad_scientist
    Maddy, please take the initiative and start new discussion threads in our General Help section.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Ok, I'll start a new thread soon.
  • vijay pandit
    vijay pandit
    raj87verma88
    A good initiative. I have seen some posts where the person is unable to express his thoughts. I think I will join these classes too.
    how can i post a new threat plz tell me.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vijay pandit
    how can i post a new threat plz tell me.
    Look here, friend: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • thinkdpd
    thinkdpd
    That's great! I always welcom, if someone figure out my pros & cons in my english.
  • sumIIT
    sumIIT
    Nice initiative.

Sumiit

Tech Talk
  • suzane
    suzane
    Yes, that’s true; we cannot survive without English because now in every field English language is must and this is a good way to improve our language.
  • prasu
    prasu
    hii Durga, this is prasanna..u have written what exactly happening in our coll life..and i am sry to say that i am the one of the member having those qualities..but sure friend i am going to improve my communication skills..and this is a nice idea created by you..thank you..
  • Crew x
    Crew x
    This forum is awesome, none other forums out there give guidance in English.
    please check my spelling.
  • chem_eook
    chem_eook
    hello everyone!
    my first day on the site,forum and here!
    this is a very useful thread, many thanks to the original poster
    on one of my english night classes the teacher told us that watching english movies and listening to the bbc/English radio channels is very helpful to learning english, he said listening is the fastest way to pick new words, expressions and most of all pronunciation, he also added that females are better learners and they learn new languages faster.
    i liked his teaching techniques and i thought i will share it with u.
    i hope i didn't write too many mistakes.please feel free to correct me.
    cheers!
    oh, yea am a female engineer!
  • jainajai
    jainajai
    durga,
    i also facing this type of proplem so many times, give your effert to learn english and keep practise you will be good in english
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    I would suggest people use wordweb. a small and free desktop software that sits on the system tray.

it is actually a dictionary cum thesaurus software that is free to use. very helpful for quick reference work
    give it a try
  • krazytechno
    krazytechno
    Thats great idea.I also have the same view.English has become the language by
    which you can communicate with the world.We can use our native language in just our province but we face the real problem when we get in our office our out of country.
  • lordisdeepak
    lordisdeepak
    thanx durga!
    i m also having problem having problem in english so this gives us little bit relief to read this thread?as someone other is trying to help us?
  • Vega
    Vega
    What's this guys? This thread is supposed to contain the material and info to improve English and not just opinions of how this thread is important. Lets put some useful things here.
  • lordisdeepak
    lordisdeepak
    yes, i am agree with you.this section is supposed to have content for improving english not
    for telling it's importance because everybody knows the importance of this secti😑
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ ^ both- yes this thread was more of an introduction and if you had noticed there are quite a few word games and other stuff related in Puzzles section of CE. Please feel free to either contribute/ take up initative ti start new threads on similar kind.
  • soft_provider
    soft_provider
    does this efficient?
    i want to improve English.
  • Engineer Ali
    Engineer Ali
    do anyone know some good job providers πŸ˜›
    i eagerly need them
    sorry for unrelated post also :d
  • ssaraniyah
    ssaraniyah
    learn 10 new words a day , nd use it wen ever u talk, i m sure u ll surely get a very good english
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ssaraniyah
    learn 10 new words a day , nd use it wen ever u talk, i m sure u ll surely get a very good english
    ...and of course, avoid usage of short forms of words πŸ˜€
  • amitppg
    amitppg
    its great, to have part of such idea
  • amitppg
    amitppg
    we can also practice English,by talking to ourself ,this works better.........
    and also try to prepare presentation on any topic ,and deliver it in front of mirror
  • vijay pandit
    vijay pandit
    amitppg
    we can also practice English,by talking to ourself ,this works better.........
    and also try to prepare presentation on any topic ,and deliver it in front of mirror
    thank you but how could we conclude that we r right or wrong??
  • subr11
    subr11
    This is very nice for me and i want to join this class becuse my english is not so good.
  • poomagal
    poomagal
    very good idea .. lets work on it instead saying we ve to improve.
    learning 10 new words a day from dictionary is quit impossible .. its like diet plan hard to follow instead read English newspaper and novel . it s entertaining as well as useful.make a friend who doesn't know your language and talk in English.i think this ll work
    ALL THE BEST
  • HRG
    HRG
    gud idea!....im new to this forum .....hope this idea works..!
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    HRG
    gud idea!....im new to this forum .....hope this idea works..!
    Hello HRG and welcome to CE. Please follow the rules and avoid usage of SMS language and short/long trails of dots.
    Hope you have a good time here.
  • ankit_rawat
    ankit_rawat
    hiiii durga

i m new to dis site..... n find dis as useful for ma career point of view...... i think i know sufficient english so as to get a job in indian market..... i find difficulty in ma sentence formation....actually i utter when i speak english.... i dont have full confidence while talking... i know u'l say something so as to boost ma confidence... dis was done by ma parents too... but it doesnt help me..... tell me something which can help me........ and something dat help me in foreign placements too?????????
  • shamlly
    shamlly
    I want tooo
    to improve our english
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Keep reading English newspaper and books. Try to use simple but proper English wherever you can. You will be habituated with it soon. πŸ˜€
  • nizamsufiyan
    nizamsufiyan
    Yeah its very useful for english learners and for me too
  • vijaymp
    vijaymp
    Great idea Durga, thanks a lot. I also want to improve my communication skills. I am afraid of this . Please help me also.
  • b.sneha4
    b.sneha4
    This is really a great idea
  • yuriart10
    yuriart10
    Well, good initiative.
  • sunjay
    sunjay
    yes this title is really useful for the newly entered persons because we know the entire operation of the particular title.

• akshay04907
    akshay04907
    hey durga im very new here ..how to join u people?..pls help me out..
  • tonytomas123
    tonytomas123
    Is is easy to establish an english furum without good english!

Sinoprice
  • ichandu
    ichandu
    hi,
    friend
    This is a good idea.We are improve our communication skills.

PHP, Angular Training in Kolkata – PHP, Angular Job in Kolkata | PHP Kolkata
  • msl
    msl
    we also face a problem due our mother tong, what we to do to get rid of this types of problem.
  • rashboyz25
    rashboyz25
    me too got fear when i said to speak b4 a group...
  • Popatlal
    Popatlal
    i want to join this class.. i realy need help on communication skill.
  • Bunty Kumar
    Bunty Kumar
    hello durga

i also want to improve my English
    can u tell me that how can i improve my English
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    For the beginners, I suggest starting with the very basic i.e. Parts of speech.

Many of them are still unaware of what part a word in a sentence actually belongs too.

For the next part, you can try to make yourself acquainted with the tenses.
    Tenses in English sentences are very important part.
    Many people mess up when it comes to tenses like- "Didn't you saw me there?"

In the above sentence(question) two past tense of the verbs are used. The question should be- "Didn't you see me there?"
    Many such small things will come up once you go through the tenses and their usage.

Not to mention, using the right tenses is *very* important while communicating.
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Wren and Martin is a good book for learning English for beginners. Give it a try! 😁
  • R1zbear
    R1zbear
    What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Don't have false impressions, guys. I'm far from being good at English. We only request our CEans to follow basic rules and strict NO to SMS text.
    Why is it so? Any specific reason behind it?

A few videos are there in Youtube I have listed below, are a good source of learning English easier...
    How To Learn English With Mini-Stories In 12 Easy Steps - YouTube
    Learn English Online - 100 % Free - YouTube

The website Advanced English lessons is a good resource to learn grammar... πŸ˜€
    R1zbear
    What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
    You are supposed to start a new thread here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • prakash6flower
    prakash6flower
    well;
    share some new words with me/all
    prakash6flower
    well;
    share some new words with me/all
    That's a good idea man!!! πŸ˜€ Why not say the first word yourself?
  • georgerobinson
    georgerobinson
    Really encouraging plan you shared. Such moves will contribute in the total development and make effective skills.
  • prakash6flower
    prakash6flower
    badger=ask repeatedly;
    k va````
    nw u tell😁😁😁😁😁
    domicile
    (law) the residence where you have your permanent home or principal establishment and to where, whenever you are absent, you intend to return; every person is compelled to have one and only one domicile at a time; "what's his legal residence?"
    (reside) make one's home in a particular place or community; "may parents reside in Florida"​
  • aicbal
    aicbal
    hi i just joined in this forum hoping to share ideas.
  • nebuchadnizhar
    nebuchadnizhar
    hello guys!! i'm niz from the Philippines and i'm a student engineer from Notre Dame University. i just saw this website and joined in to see what is this all about. take care guys. XD
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hi Niz. Welcome to CE. This website is about engineering. You can post all your engineering queries here. You can read voiCE sections where our engineers write about various technology related articles, you can also take part in debate masterminds, solve puzzles, etc just needs a little exploring. πŸ˜€

Well we aim at study with fun. Hope you will have quality time with us.

Welcome :welcome:
  • obama549
    obama549
    durga
    hmm.

How about some self search in CE and looking how the same idea could have been expressed?

ok.

A great way of improving english would be writing more articles Hopefully we'll have more competitions like those.
  • sidramalik100
    sidramalik100
    you are very warm welcome here and i hope you will enjoy there so much with the forum and also improve Your English
  • kashi
    kashi
    hi...i wanna increase my communication...
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    kashi
    then talk more as more as you can in english
    kashi
    Read the daily news paper in English... Try contributing to English Wikipedia... πŸ˜€
  • umairaraza100
    umairaraza100
    well you are warm welcome in to the forum and i hope you will improve your English with this forum thanks for choosing the right place
  • elenahernandez
    elenahernandez
    It's soooo frustrating not to able to express and idea. I speak Spanish and i live on Miami, so I almost never have the opportunity to practice English outside the classroom. This is a great way to practice.😁
  • prakash6flower
    prakash6flower
    keep continue guyz`

dnt break``
  • prakash6flower
    prakash6flower
    keep continue guyz`

dnt break``
  • willismith
    willismith
    Hi Guys I am newbie in this forum. I want to improve my English, maybe it is best place to improve English. I hope to have a great stay here.

Regards
    willi smith
  • bohar
    bohar
    hi friend ,everybody should have good communication skill. this is base of every person.
    please tell me some tips to introduce yourself...
  • ushamoparthi
    ushamoparthi
    hmm this is a good way to improve our communication skills
    lets have some funny contests too through we can learn english more fluently
  • TheLastManStndng
    TheLastManStndng
    Hi CE, I am new to this forum ..I have this major problem in communicating myself clearly to others .. It may be due to lack of communication skills .. though I have sound English background ... Hope my stay in CE will be constructive in lot many sense....
    Regards,
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We don't expect CEans to be language experts πŸ˜€ . Just basic English skill should be fine.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    I am a bengali medium government school student where english is taught from class V and is optional in X. i.e. your marks is not added in overall result.(way back in 96, dont know how it works now).

Never Had internet in those days and never saw a computer either! I still falter big time typing! but do not consider myself to be weak. On the contrary this argument of mother tongue , Hardly any of us can utter out alphabets in our mother tongue !

Point is we do find some excuses to prove why we are not good at something. Learning English is easy in india, if you watch a cricket match and try to follow the commentary you learn it!
    If an engineer is required to be good at physics, calculus, english, he or she must be! there can not be any arguments or discussion on this.

If anybody reading and having an English phobia:
    When you go home, sit alone in a room, recall the events of the day. speak out the events in English, like a self commentry. Try this for a week and many english coaching classes across the country will be closed.
    Dont trust me? Try it out. No harm in giving it a go. You dont loose anything.
  • andenagaveni24
    andenagaveni24
    very nice idea......this will be very helpful for people like me......i am also in....count me....
    i will regularly participate in the contests.....
  • diox
    diox
    gr8 idea!I think i'll rejoin the class!
  • neo1511
    neo1511
    we are always ready for it ...dude...so lets start it with no pause.......
  • neo1511
    neo1511
    please share some tips and tricks ...in this scope to escalate our English
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    durga
    Hello All,

Thanks Durga..
    Keeping posting !!
    My case is also same as above now..
    Trying so hard to learn..
    Don't even now what present or future tense stand for?
    Finally, Ending up with my Great Kannadigas..
    So boring..
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Have fun with English here:
    Thesaurus and Word Tools | WordHippo
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Server posted twice.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    This is very appreciable count me in in this move

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Kindly let me know, if you have any idea about Broach storage rack?
I INSTALLED BIOHAZARD 4 IT INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY. . . BUT WHEN I CLICK ON DESKTOP SHORTCUT FOR PLAYING IT SHOWS ERROR MESSAGE. . .πŸ˜’ game.exe - Unable To Locate Component...
heyy.... do anyone have any idea about xml parser.. can i get help if possible?? i wanted to do it as a mini project and i've got only a little...
CEans, CE is open to media partnerships with events/techfests in your college. Get in touch at admin [at] crazyengineers [dot] com if you'd like to have events in your college...
Hi I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this is too easy a question. I need to make a sighting triangle for an aerobatic aircraft. This is a...