Networking Quiz - Answer these Questions.

Answer the questions based on Networking/ Telecommunications. I don't want to give you the options. Just keep answering.

1. _____ is a communication path between 2 nodes.

2. PC+LAN card = _____.

3. _____ topology is popular for LANs.

4. In _____ transmission, the bits of each byte are sent along a single path one after another.

5. In ____ transmission mode, bits are transmitted at a fixed rate.

6. _____ is the standard protocol for EDI.

7. In _____ communication mode, data flows in one direction only.

8. In _____ communication mode data can be transmitted back and forth between 2 stations, but in one direction only, at any given point of time.

9. Internet transmission is based on _____ protocols.

10. _____ type of modems are used in laptops.

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    3.star
    4.serial
    5.data
    7.simplex
    8.half duplex
    9.IP
  • Adivy
    Adivy
    Some of the answers:
    4)Serial transmission
    5)Synchronous transmission mode
    7)Simplex transmission mode
    8)Half duplex transmission mode
    9)TCP /IP
    10)External modems are used in laptops

Please verify the answers and correct me if I am wrong
  • NetEng
    NetEng
    Answering some of those questions:

1. _____ is a communication path between 2 nodes.

2. PC + LAN Card = _____.

3. Star topology is popular for LANs.

4. In serial transmission, the bits of each byte are sent along a single path one after another.

5. In synchronous transmission mode, bits are transmitted at a fixed rate.

6. FTP is the standard protocol for EDI.

7. In a simplex communication mode, data flows in one direction only.

8. In an half-duplex communication mode, data can be transmitted back and forth between 2 stations, but in one direction only, at any given point of time.

9. Internet transmission is based on TCP/IP protocols.

10. Wireless type of modems are used in laptops.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    1. Intranet is a communication path between 2 nodes.

2. PC + LAN Card = Host.

10. Wireless type of modems are used in laptops.
  • Reya
    Reya
    I'm wondering seeing at the last answer. Why wired type of modems should not be used in laptops?

Isn't the protocol acts a communication path between nodes?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    protocols are standards based on which the communication is based. So I would not consider communication path as protocol. It might rather be a simple 'connection' between two hosts which can be addressed as a communication path
    Intranet is within any given network communication. Consider this scenario - you are accessing a server on internet through your home computer, can you call this a intranet?? Yes you might access your default gateway int he process , but that's where the intranet logic ends.
    The question doesnot explicitly limit to such connections.

I did not understand the question PC+LAN card, all Pcs have LAN card, be it wired or wireless, else how would it connect to network? The question is quite confusing for me.

Both wired(the RJ 45 jack) and wireless modems are used in a laptop I suppose.
    praveena211
    I'm wondering seeing at the last answer. Why wired type of modems should not be used in laptops?

Isn't the protocol acts a communication path between nodes?
    You can use Wired too... But internal modems with laptops are wireless... Why laptops? Free of Wired stuff na?

Protocol is just a set of rules... It is not a communication path! 😲 What mad you think like this?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Here are the Answers. Please correct me If I am wrong.

1. Link is a communication path between 2 nodes.

2. PC+LAN card = Workstation.

3. Star topology is popular for LANs.

4. In Serial transmission, the bits of each byte are sent along a single path one after another.

5. In Synchronous transmission mode, bits are transmitted at a fixed rate.

6. FTP is the standard protocol for EDI.

7. In Simplex communication mode, data flows in one direction only.

8. In Half dulpex communication mode data can be transmitted back and forth between 2 stations, but in one direction only, at any given point of time.

10. PCMCIA type of modems are used in laptops.
    1 - Simple Answer?
    2, 10 - Feels somewhat not okay...
    6 - The EDI standards were designed to be independent of communication and software technologies. EDI can be transmitted using any methodology agreed to by the sender and recipient. This includes a variety of technologies, including modem (asynchronous and synchronous), FTP, e-mail, HTTP, AS1, AS2, etc.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Got this by googling -

PCMCIAor Laptop Modems : This is a "card"-type modem that can be used only with a laptop. If you have both a laptop and a desktop PC, you might want to purchase a USB modem instead, since it can be used with either type. For simplicity and ease in traveling, a PCMCIA modem is the best choice. Please note PCMCIA modem can be used on laptop only, but USB modem can be used on both laptop and desktop. The main advantage of this modem is you can bring it together with you laptop easily and connect everywhere in broadband coverage. The main drawback is only one laptop/computer can connect to internet at any time if you only have one modem.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I got a question asking the Disadvantages or Limitations of the Mobile systems/ Wireless Networks. I got some points, here are they. Correct me If I am wrong and If...
Note To Applicants: We've been receiving several applications for the job. Unfortunately, there are several applicants who are sending us articles directly copy-pasted from other blogs; thinking they'll fool us....
So, you love to blog? Do you love engineering, technology, gadgets and gizmos? Do you like to talk about latest in technology to your friends (until they really get bored)?...
Let's have a tip daily to live Healthy & Happily 😀 1. Take Grapes Daily or more often. Eating grapes on a regular basis helps in the following ways. -...
6 strokes engine r used or not.why we learn only 2 n 4 stroke engine 😔