"NETWORK ERROR Windows cannot access \\My Data\ d - you do not have permission to access...

I connected two Windows 8 PCs using cross over cable. The connection was successful and I shared D partition. Both the PCs are in the same workgroup..But when i click on the shared partition on the other PC, i get this error:

"NETWORK ERROR
Windows cannot access \\My Data\ d - you do not have permission to access... "

When i shared the partition, i gave full permission to view and edit files. Also, in Advance Networking and Sharing, i turned on file and printing sharing. And i didn't set any passwords. So why am i getting this error?

How do i solve this problem. I am a beginner in networking.
thank you

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    @#-Link-Snipped-# I think first u should check that the computer is accessible (It may sound silly,but believe me, it can cause such problems), so just ping both computers from each other (one by one) and see the access time is not too high.
  • Dhaval Pujara
    Dhaval Pujara
    try this
    go to the property of the connection and try giving ip address
    for example : 10.10.10.5
    change last digit for second pc
    and then try it may work

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here are a few questions about dry ice: 1) how exactly is it prepared ? 2) how long can it remain in solid state once exposed to room temperature ?
I use a lot of pendrives in my Pc and a problem that I faced which made me mad was those "Shortcut virus".Let me explain it in detail so that...
Hello, I felt this question relates a lot of radiative heat transfer and hence i'm posting it here. Actually came up during the moonlit night yesterday. It was disturbing my...
Just hopped across this SpaceX's Grasshopper video which made another feat this month. Is it good (or i would prefer the word feasible to introduce re-usable / balanced re-entry rocket...
This is an amazing feat by an Indian who has seen more and experienced more than any of us here. Around The World On a Motorcycle: An Indian Does It...