.net or java

everyone please come out with opinions regarding both the technologies....dot net and java..
which one is better and in demand..

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Both are in demand.Java is best,and i was not implying that dot net is worst, 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Instead of simply saying what's good and what's bad, I think we should compare them with an engineer's mindset. That means, first define what are the parameters being considered for comparison? Without the parameters first fixed, its waste of time to compare these technologies based on "What people think".
  • techworm
    techworm
    @big k
    I need to chose between the two....to learn ...which one should i go for...?
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Java pros
    - PORTABLE.
    - Very much faster than .NET apps.
    - Free open source software.
    - Has a very large set of IDEs, compilers, server software that are free open source software.

.NET pros
    - Gives a big idea of how Windows OS works
    - Works with several languages : C#, C++/CLI, ASP.NET, VB.NET
    - It supports C++/CLI let you wrap unmanaged code in managed code.
    - Not under Oracle's control.
  • Amrinder Kalsi
    Amrinder Kalsi
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Instead of simply saying what's good and what's bad, I think we should compare them with an engineer's mindset. That means, first define what are the parameters being considered for comparison? Without the parameters first fixed, its waste of time to compare these technologies based on "What people think".
    Hi sir,
    I am new to this site. I am seeking some help as I have just completed my core Java and I wants to become a professional Java developer. So my question is what next after core Java and please guide me some books as well.

Thanks
  • DP Project Development
    DP Project Development
    hello,
    when you have complete your core java than move forward to Advanced Java , Don,t stop now.
  • Amrinder Kalsi
    Amrinder Kalsi
    DP Project Development
    hello,
    when you have complete your core java than move forward to Advanced Java , Don,t stop now.
    Please can you advise me some best books for advance Java using eclipse ide.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey I use a 3.5" floppy drive to drive unipolar stepper motor. floppy converts received pules into electric current then provided to motor coils and it run at 5 volt....
do you guys feel you need? Desktops have evolved into Laptops and laptops to notebooks and then we have tablet PCs ,which fit somewhere in the evolution process. If you...
I've been hearing complaints form many students who have been hired by companies; but haven't yet received joining letters. What about you? Tell us your status. Which company has hired...
This post is for the guest users of CE who haven't yet registered and activated their account on CE. I'm wondering what's stopping you from filling out a simple registration...
This is a little hack that lifehacker found - Skype lets people call any toll free number in US & Canada for free. Google's GOOG-411 directory service is a toll-free...