Need your Suggestion : Is there any demand for VLSI?

Hi !
I m final year student pursuing in B.E. electronics and telecommunication stream.........After completing my B.E graduation i m interested to do some extra course WHICH COURSE SHOULD I DO ?......Reply is heartly appreciated ..............Thanking you!!!!!!!!
Regards,
Deep

Replies

• KSHIRABDHI
    KSHIRABDHI
    hi, i am also a final year student in BTech ETC ,
    after final year if you want to go for software profession then there are number of short term courses on language such as C,C++,Data Structures OR Java and its versions,for beginners and othe higher courses. But for hardware you should know VHDL,Verilog for VLSI.
    if you want to build a career in vlsi then i would say has a lot of scope in abroad as compared to india and it can beget you a lifetime opportunity
    hope now u can decide
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Good suggestion Kshirabdhi

Deep are you looking to do post graduation?
  • KSHIRABDHI
    KSHIRABDHI
    thanks mayur bt can just help me out to chose a better topic for my final year project
  • aashima
    aashima
    Well choosing a Project depends on the subject you're good at and comfortable dealing with.
    As of hardware, better try out Embedded System applications with Micro-controllers, or Micro-processors if you can handle and make that sure you go through all the steps from a scratch i.e. right from PCB designing to the code burning process. It'll be of great help for your recruitment process as well as while in company.
    For software, try your creativity in JAVA or DOT NET fields, they are a basic requirements of companies today, but only if you aspire to be a software technician!
  • KSHIRABDHI
    KSHIRABDHI
    hi aashima
    thanks for your reply . but our teacher is asking us to do some project using xlinx or matlab. or can you just give me any idea about any project related to optical fiber communications or in signal processing.actually i really dont know what and how to do.please suggest me someway
  • aashima
    aashima
    KSHIRABDHI
    hi aashima
    thanks for your reply . but our teacher is asking us to do some project using xlinx or matlab. or can you just give me any idea about any project related to optical fiber communications or in signal processing.actually i really dont know what and how to do.please suggest me someway
    Wel MATLAB again would require in-depth knowledge, go for it if you have it. For signal processing, you can try out projects which implement waves' processing like Electrocardiogram (ECG). It uses Oscilloscope for the wave analysis and if signal processing is a basic requirement, you might need to design an internal oscilloscope in the circuit.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well VLSI projects are easier than DSP, if your digital electronics is strong,why dont ya code a DSP engine using VHDL in Xilinx!!!both will be catered
  • Yuvaraj.S
    Yuvaraj.S
    Hi i'm Yuvaraj i want to know what are basic things needed to start vlsi as my carrer

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi..to All D Crazy Engineers.. Over Her Well... I M Gonna Crazy Mech. .. Engg. With U Guys...
I am looking for textmate clone that works on windows. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Hi, it's a great community here, with a lot of usfull informations 😁 So, befor I write more I'll read, read and read 😉
hi am isha and am new to this forum.Was wondering if anyone cld tell me abt the aptitude tests that the companies take as i guess we will be having...
what is c, a, d, g and other stands in relay nomenclature?