CrazyEngineers
  • Hi everyone,
    I was thinking to plan a mock test for pharmacy students. I am not sure which platform to choose. there a few online exam providers (which are charging 200 rs per candidate . others were offering a subscription service for as much as 50000/ year. I am aware of open source software that can do the same, but since I am not a developer I may face difficulty in customising. also currently my website is hosted on Godaddy which really sucks.
    I am aiming for 1000 registrations .I e 1000 concurrent users. which of he above options should I prefer?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorNov 17, 2013

Welcome to CE, @#-Link-Snipped-#. Good to know you're launching an online mock test platform. If you don't want to go through the hassle of managing everything yourself, I think 'ThinkExam' folks have a good solution to organizing and even monetize online examinations. I've not used the service so can't comment on the quality; but that's the only promising solution so far, it seems.

Godaddy isn't known for hosting. For 1000 concurrent users, you will definitely need a dedicated or a cloud based server. I personally would recommend <a href="https://www.liquidweb.com/?RID=CrazyEngineeers" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Liquid Web - Managed Hosting & Custom Solutions</a> platform built by LiquidWeb, which we've used and trust [Disclaimer: CrazyEngineers is sponsored by LiquidWeb].

TAO seems to be an open source system which should suffice your needs. Else you will have to rely on moodle and supporting plugins; I'm not sure how easy it will be to configure it.

Better, get a developer and get the system designed per your needs. Wish you all the best! Keep us posted.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • avii

MemberNov 22, 2013

Kaustubh Katdare
    TAO seems to be an open source system which should suffice your needs. Else you will have to rely on moodle and supporting plugins; I'm not sure how easy it will be to configure it.
    I would suggest Moodle over TAO because community support for Moodle is really good. And I did not like TAO because of its poor documentation.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register