CrazyEngineers
  • I NEED A ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION

A beam of length lis continuous over two equal spans and carried on three supports at the same level. If one span has moment of inertia I and supports a uniformly distributed load of intensity w per unit length and other span has moment of inertia 2I and carries a central load of wl, Find max. bending moment??
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • twister

MemberApr 8, 2008

urgent help reagrding a question

I NEED A ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION

A beam of length lis continuous over two equal spans and carried on three supports at the same level. If one span has moment of inertia I and supports a uniformly distributed load of intensity w per unit length and other span has moment of inertia 2I and carries a central load of wl, Find max. bending moment??
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kedar Malwadkar

MemberJul 19, 2012

Refer your SOM book!
    Cancel
  • zaveri

MemberJul 20, 2012

here is a brief procedure:

1. resolve the uniformly distributed load as a point load, and represent this load to act at the centre point of the span.

2. determine the three support reactions.

3. then starting from the rightside end draw bending moment diagrams,

4. the maximum bending moment occurs at the peak of the bending moment diagram.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register