Need help regarding MS in US

Hi,
I am in my final year now,and want to do MS in electronics in US. My academics records are:
BTech(upto 6th sem):8.66
XIIth-86%
Xth-91%
I havent appeared for gre or toefl but I hope i will do well in those. Can anyone help me by suggesting some names of universities?? Am I elligible for some good univs in US or Canada,I mean judging by my credentials do i stand a chance of getting into any good(need not be fantastic) univ in US or canada?? Please help me!!!

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yes, you are eligible for a lot of universities.

The best or popular universities for Electronics and Communication in US are:

Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cambridge,
    Stanford University Stanford,
    University of California- Berkeley,
    University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign Urbana,
    California Institute of Technology Pasadena,
    Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta,
    University of Michigan--Ann Arbor,
    Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh,
    Cornell University Ithaca,
    Princeton University,
    Purdue University
  • avii
    avii
    the colleges listed above are tier - 1 universities of US. It's everyone's DREAM to get into them.

Sorry to say, your academics aren't that extraordinary. So concentrate more on GRE. In old scale, you should score minimum 1400 & 1500+ will be benefited.

More importantly, you need to have good background in research. You should have minimum 3-4 papers presented in International Conferences. And LOR from a very good professor & a kickass SOP can land you in top colleges of USA.

Let me tell you one more thing, if you don't have good research background & not presented any papers, then even with 1400 score in GRE, you cannot get admission in those univs.

Best of luck 😉
  • Jyothi Jo
    Jyothi Jo
    avii
    the colleges listed above are tier - 1 universities of US. It's everyone's DREAM to get into them.

Sorry to say, your academics aren't that extraordinary. So concentrate more on GRE. In old scale, you should score minimum 1400 & 1500+ will be benefited.

More importantly, you need to have good background in research. You should have minimum 3-4 papers presented in International Conferences. And LOR from a very good professor & a kickass SOP can land you in top colleges of USA.

Let me tell you one more thing, if you don't have good research background & not presented any papers, then even with 1400 score in GRE, you cannot get admission in those univs.

Best of luck 😉
    X---- 90%
    Xl & Xll--- 89.5%
    B tech.----75% with 4 backlogs
    How much GRE score should i get and what should i do to get into first TOP 20 colleges in US.. 😔
    Please help
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Jyothi Jo
    X---- 90%
    Xl & Xll--- 89.5%
    B tech.----75% with 4 backlogs
    How much GRE score should i get and what should i do to get into first TOP 20 colleges in US.. 😔
    Please help
    As the above user said, if you've any research background, presented any paper, have patents on your name or any such extra-ordinary record, your academics would be probably overlooked completely.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

String S1 = "M, B , C , A , E " String S2 = " X , Y , Z , A, C" Problem: Given String 1 and String...
Let us remember the heroines of the suffragist movement that shook the male citadels in the early 1900s: https://awesomestories.com/assets/al...ries&utm_campaign=March+2012&utm_medium=email
TAG Heuer RACER is the 1st Luxury Phone Crafted for High Performance. This phone is definitely only for the MEGA RICH! 😲 It is swiss engineered for ultimate lightness and...
I was quite baffled to see the product called 'Xperia SmartTags'. It's an accessory really. These SmartTags are used to turn on Wi-Fiâ„¢ or launch news & weather app or...
"one of the most interesting aspects in the 4 years of engineering studies, is the practicals hours, helps to be a crazy engineer. I too had a wonderful experience for...