Need help on durability of Reinforced Concrete

Hello all,
I'm a newly graduated civil engineer working on a structural integrity report for an existing culvert. Based on eurocode design, we found that for the exposure class (XS1), a minimum strength class of C30/37 would have been sufficient to construct it. In situ testing showed that C25/30 had been used instead.
The concrete used satisfies strength requirements, but not the durability requirements. We've been researching on how we can determine the degree of deterioration, and by extension the remaining design life of the culvert (as opposed to the intended 50 years) and any way to increase the durability of the existing culvert.
The approach I'm using is to try to understand how the Eurocode comes up with the required strength class for a certain exposure class. I've read through ec2 and can't seem to find any link to calculations or procedures that were used. I'm thinking i might be looking in the wrong place or not looking hard enough? I dunno.
So any help on reading material that could help me with a mathematical relation between the concrete class and the exposure class would be greatly appreciated.
I realize the question may not be too clear, so any questions are welcome.
Thanks in advance

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm looking at using RDS vs running database on a dedicated EC2 instance of Amazon AWS. While the RDS option looks promising the pricing is something on the north of...
hello i am shivam recently perceiving my degree from sapkal college so i am working on project of night vision technology so guies i need your help to expand this...
The country's engineering dream is fading fast as nowadays lots of engineers are graduating without any job offers. So after their engineering degree students turn their heads towards a good...
Perhaps one of the nightmares of every student is 'How to write a Resume?'. Resume writing is the first step before you apply to any firm. Nowadays, some major companies...
Cheap Govt. colleges, a dream for many intelligent survivors, have limited but available seats. Lot of us when going through choosing-a-college phase meet a ludicrous truth. Special education is never...