Need help from experienced computer science people regarding job choice

Hi all.
I am about to finish my BE by June and I have got selected in a software company with annual CTC of 3.2 LPA.The job is in Bangalore and I am currently in a smaller city Mangalore.
Though the job is very good developer job, Im a bit confused. I feel like I need a break. 15 years of continous study has left me exhausted.
I was thinking of taking a year off now. Not sit at home, but instead of going to the hectic IT field immediately, I would like to spend a year doing teaching or other job. Take some time off, refresh myself, learn a few skills, do some freelancing and get back to IT market the next year. This would ofcourse mean rejecting my current job which Im due to join on june 30. My ultimate goal is to start my own company after two years or so.\
Can anyone guide me? I have few main concerns :
1. Is rejecting the job and taking a year off a good idea?
2. How difficult is it to get back to IT field after taking a year off?
3. What would you do ? Your personal course of action if you are in same situation.

Im technically sound and confident of getting other job offers though its still a big risk

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    #-Link-Snipped-# , u are tired of 15 years of study, but bro.. we are CS Engineers and we have to study the whole lifeπŸ˜‰,but seriously, u should work towards the path u want to be in the future.β˜•.
    Well in my personal opinion, rejecting the job (for the sake of taking break) is not a good idea.πŸ‘€
  • ImAnonymous
    ImAnonymous
    You are right. A few more opinions are welcome πŸ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If you are confident about your career path (not the job).You should do what you want.

Probably,most of us are in rush to find a job to get financial stability on own and support to family.But After getting into job and sitting for 8-9 hours some times more, this kill our desire to get from life what we had wanted.

So my friend,It's a big decision and you better know about yourself, if you are confident do what you want, may be you will not need a jobπŸ˜€.

I have seen people getting job after 2 years and meanwhile, in the rush of getting job they almost wasted the this time. So don't waste time while not in a job. It will frustrate you.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    No, per me not a good idea. You may want to have good learning of how industry works in first couple of years before starting your own company. Why to waste an important year of your life at this moment.

Believe me, India is producing 500 K engineers each year. Getting a job after a year break (without any reason) will not be very easy.

3. What would you do ? Your personal course of action if you are in same situation.
    I would join the job, and would not loose one important year for my career.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, My dear friend Dr. Abheek Ghosh is planning an expedition to Arunachal and wants to design & fabricate a multipurpose solar charger. Though he's a doctor by profession, he's...
I use internet download manager to download youtube videos and other sites video. i have been using IDM for past 2 years, but from past 2 month i have a...
I know Microsoft is making a big deal of the XBOX ONE; but trust me, you gotta see this - I hope you're excited about the future πŸ˜‰
Just saw a website webprofitsdirect.in and they claim to have brought work from home easier in India. Has anyone actually used this and earned cash for real? Just curious.πŸ˜’
Yahoo's shopping spree hasn't ended yet since it started acquiring startups from quite some time as Marissa Mayer the CEO, believes that these companies are aligned to Yahoo's business. After...