need help choosing micro-controller

Hi guys!

I need to build a system ( My first one! yay! ) which will store input from two sensors when an event happens. (approx. 5 kb of info)
In addition I need the micro-controller to have a timer (prefferably also include a watch to record starting time etc.) and the ability to design, store and operate a controller which I'll design.
Of course I need a way to move this info later to a computer.

No super fast clock is required. The time periods which I want to measure are in the order of 1 second.

I need only approx. ten units of it. I want it to be cheap and I'd love one that's easy to program. ( I can code C,C++, a bit of assembley).

What micro-controller would you recommend me buying?
What cheap commonly used controllers are there?

Thanks a lot!
Robbie.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ASP.NET 2.0 - Master Pages It provide templates for other pages on your web site. with shared layout and functionality. allow you to create a consistent look and behavior for...
Afternoon to all! I am currently volunteering to mentor a undergraduate student in a mini-project. I am a mechanical engineer with a computer science background and she is a computer...
hello everyone ๐Ÿ˜ i just came across this term in my text book....i know that no fine concrete would not have the fine aggregate.....but of what use is it. does...
i want to know how exactly GIS works in distributed systems, if it is centralized then how it manages or collects information of resources that are geographically disperesd and if...
Hi, Todd, hope this question qualifies, as I have no clue how to solve it I've provided you a drawing to the right to assist you in coming up with...