Need career advice .

Hello , Engineers from all over the world .

I am in a bit of dilemma and I know most of the people are experience here so I need your advice .

I am a computer science engineer(B.Tech) from Hyd , India passed out in 2009 . I did a diploma in Oracle DBA 11g after my Engineering . After which I come to Saudi Arabia .

Currently I am working in Saudi Arabia . Under Sales and Marketing department and CRM department as well as a data analyst . I am on a job visa here and getting very good pay . Everything about this job is good except that its boring and non challenging . But most importantly its non IT job .

Since I am a Computer science engineer this is not the job that will benefit my resume . Since it will be counted as non IT experience . SO lately I have been thinking of quitting and go to my home country India and hunt their for a job in It field .

reason why I didnt quit tilll now

- I have to start as fresher in IT . This experience will not be counted I think ( correct me if I am wrong )
- The pay I am getting here is 4 time more that wat I will get In India . Here I am getting around 80,000 - 90,000 Rupees ( converted ) . In India they will pay me around 20,000 - 25,000 Rupees .
- No work pressure . Easy job . Do as you like kind of boss

So guy please post your valuable suggestion . Wat should I do stay or quit ? . This decision will change my life so thats why I dont want to take it in a haste .

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Sahilksa: From what I see, you'll have to first determine the importance of the following -

- I have to start as fresher in IT . This experience will not be counted I think ( correct me if I am wrong )
    - The pay I am getting here is 4 time more that wat I will get In India . Here I am getting around 80,000 - 90,000 Rupees ( converted ) . In India they will pay me around 20,000 - 25,000 Rupees .
    - No work pressure . Easy job . Do as you like kind of boss
    From the way Indian IT companies recruit, it seems bit challenging to me that you'll be recruited in a big IT firm. The companies typically recruit either through campus or make lateral hires (experienced candidates). If you determine that you must make a shift in your career, then I'd have following recommendations for you -

1. Upload your resume in all the popular job sites in India viz. Naukri.com, Monster India, Times Jobs and others.
    2. Get in touch with your contacts (friends, relatives, friends of friends) and ask them whether they can arrange for an Interview for you in the companies they work for. However, you'll have to develop expertise in one or two domains to qualify for the job interview.
    3. Apply to startups. Startups IT companies may not offer you the big pay that you're looking for, but they'll equip you with something that will give you an edge: The Expert Domain Knowledge & IT experience. Now, since you're earning more, I'd recommend saving enough money to take care of your expenses at least for 2 years.
    4. Look for an IT job in SA. I'd recommend paying more attention to startups - if you have sufficient domain knowledge, they'll be happy to recruit you.
    5. Opt for M.Tech, MS course from University that has a proven track record of campus hires for the PG program.

Let us know which of the above options look better for you. Does it help?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, As promised, we've updated CrazyEngineers forum to revamp our text editor. Earlier text editor had its own shortcomings and didn't really go well with the needs of formatting. The...
We've included a new text editor for all the posts to be made on CrazyEngineers. Please try all our new text editor in this thread 😀 .
CEans, Here comes a once in a lifetime opportunity for you. We are interviewing Mr. Jacque Fresco, Project Founder & Director of The Venus Project & Ms. Roxanne Meadows, Co-Founder...
I've always talked about this topic on my personal blog, but have always failed to get a convincing answer. I see so many engineering students and professionals commute in highly...
Frankly speaking, I've always been scared of economics - as the subject was always boring and filled with complicated terms. However, I've been trying to figure out the basics of...