NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory

Astronomers using Chandra data have seen the giant black hole at the center of the Milky Way devouring asteroids, which may explain the frequent flares observed.

621895main_sgra_665

Image Credit: NASA's Chandra Finds Milky Way's Black Hole Grazing on Asteroids | NASA

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi guys, i finshed my B.E in 2011 with a year back. But my aggregate is low (54%). i want to make up for it by doing m.tech in a...
Android's top-rated virtual assistant has arrived on iOS. Speaktoit, which has had 1.4 million downloads Droid downloads and a 4.5 out of 5 rating, is now available on iOS. It...
The eligibility criteria for GATE 2012 is as follows. I'm not sure whether the criteria will change in 2013 and there seems to be no official information available about it....
Fongo and Dell have tied up to offer the 'Dell Voice' service to the Canadians (as of now, hopefully). There's an Android app, an ios app and Windows desktop app...
Kodak announced on Thursday that as part of its efforts to focus on profitable lines of business, it plans to get out of the digital camera, pocket video camera and...