NASA To Build Spare Parts And Engines Using 3D Printers

3D printing keeps coming up again and again, swarming and finding application in every field. And now, it has caught the attention of the engineers at NASA.

#-Link-Snipped-#

NASA is testing 3D printing for making spare parts and engine parts for the Space Launch System (SLS), which is planned to take astronauts to the moon, asteroids and one day to Mars also. With an intention of fabricating tools during space stations, a 3D printer will soon be sent to the International Space Station (ISS).

Here, 3D printing is being accomplished with the additive manufacturing method, where thin layers are added successively to build an object using a digital blueprint. 3D printing is becoming an important method where right from household DIYers and space agencies are adopting this wonderful technique.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NASA's Global Hawk is a long range, long duration aircraft with extraordinary research capabilities and has proven very useful for commercial and scientific ventures. The Hawk Eye is a part...
A couple of years ago, the Lytro camera took all the glory with its refocusing capabilities. Since, then developers and manufacturers have been researching on how to bring this wonderful...
Indian Government isn't ready to take a step back and allow the Canadian phone giant Blackberry to operate in its own way. Indian Government has made it clear that if...
hi ceans ,whenever i boot my laptop i receive an error message saying tfght is compressed .i don't have the installation disk nor do i have the recovery disk ....
I am Register for Asst. Central Intelligent Officer Exam can anybody give some details about that exam.......!