Narayan Murthy sells Infosys stake, turns venture capitalist!

Indian entrepreneurs will be delighted to know this. Infosys chief mentor & co-founder, Mr. N.R. Murthy has sold 800,000 shares, or 0.13% of the company. Total value of the shares is $38.7 million! πŸ˜€

Its being reported that Mr. Murthy will invest in startups that operate in healthcare, education and nutrition domains.

What do you think?

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    This is great news.
    I am sure he will make a difference in startup culture here.it as a considerable fund.
    Well he is the most respected man😎 in Indian IT industry
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Whoa! This is 'some' news. Wonder how did I miss it.

I think it is not a bad idea. He has built Infy from scratch. Now he will leverage on his business skills and create a dozen of them. Good idea.

Mr. Murthy, why not hire me as a consultant to promote your startups? 😎
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    yeah, this is some news..how come there was no hoopla over it like there usually is in things relating to a man of his stature!! after all, his selling the shares is not a small thing!!
  • sookie
    sookie
    Superb news ! He is really an awesome man. 😁
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This is great news !!!

This should grow as big as techcrunch50
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wish to know if he's already promoting any startup?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

US bank customer Dalton Chiscolm could learn on Friday if he is one step closer to becoming the world's first ever billion-trillionaire. Mr Chiscolm sued Bank of America in Manhattan's...
The day has arrived at last...πŸ˜› if you are wondering what it is... after 3 whole months of wait, and times of lull i am at last posting my 100th...
Subject : Can I improve my proficiency and command over spoken English? Hello, I am Debojyoti and I have recently registered to CE. I found this to be extremely charming...
hi.. m doin a mini project on automatic roomlight controller with visitor counter using a microcontroller at89s52 a)y ride software is used?? wat is d difrence between ride n mide??...