My Project-Wireless Sensor Network

Hey Ceans,
After some research online I have finalised my final year project and started reading stuffs online...I will be very thankfull to everyone here who will help me by clearing my doubts in the course of my project...

Title: Secure Data Collection in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Randomized Dispersive Routes

ABSTRACT

Compromised node and denial of service are two key attacks in wireless sensor networks (WSNs). In this paper, we study data delivery mechanisms that can with high probability circumvent black holes formed by these attacks. We argue that classic multipath routing approaches are vulnerable to such attacks, mainly due to their deterministic nature. So once the adversary acquires the routing algorithm, it can compute the same routes known to the source, hence, making all information sent over these routes vulnerable to its attacks. In this paper, we develop mechanisms that generate randomized multipath routes. Under our designs, the routes taken by the ?? shares?? of different packets change over time. So even if the routing algorithm becomes known to the adversary, the adversary still cannot pinpoint the routes traversed by each packet. Besides randomness, the generated routes are also highly dispersive and energy efficient, making them quite capable of circumventing black holes. We analytically investigate the security and energy performance of the proposed schemes. We also formulate an optimization problem to minimize the end-to-end energy consumption under given security constraints. Extensive simulations are conducted to verify the validity of our mechanisms.

To begin with----->Iam looking for Different types of routing algorithms which can route packets randomly through the network...can someone name a few good ones?

Replies

• manubhat
    manubhat
    To begin with----->Iam looking for Different types of routing algorithms which can route packets randomly through the network...can someone name a few good ones

Can someone tell me which algorithm can be used for the above purpose...waiting for the reply Engineers...Am not able to proceed with my project... 😔
  • manubhat
    manubhat
    ^^am waiting for someone to reply for the above post..
    And can someone suggest me any routing algorithm apart from Dijkstra's and Bellman Ford...
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Genrally, the routing protocols used in routing internet traffic cannotn be implemented for sensor neteorks. Given the reason, the sensors are tiny devices with limited processing and power capabilities.
    There are few other routing techniques which are being developed for the same. unlike these normal rotuign protocosl, the protocols implemented for sensor dont really have huge routing tables as well, they choose 'forwarder sets' based on availabilty of neighbours and transmit packets. Few to name are below:

extreme opportunistic routing
    opporuntistic any path forwadrng
    mac-independednt oppotunisitic routing
    OPRAH protocol
    ROMER protocol
    geographich random forwadring
    dynamic source routing
    adhoc on demand distance vecor routing
    geographich routing
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Genrally, the routing protocols used in routing internet traffic cannotn be implemented for sensor neteorks. Given the reason, the sensors are tiny devices with limited processing and power capabilities.
    There are few other routing techniques which are being developed for the same. unlike these normal rotuign protocosl, the protocols implemented for sensor dont really have huge routing tables as well, they choose 'forwarder sets' based on availabilty of neighbours and transmit packets. Few to name are below:

extreme opportunistic routing
    opporuntistic any path forwadrng
    mac-independednt oppotunisitic routing
    OPRAH protocol
    ROMER protocol
    geographich random forwadring
    dynamic source routing
    adhoc on demand distance vecor routing
    geographich routing

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In the context of mechanical and automobile engineering, can someone explain in detail the difference between Spindle, Shaft and Axle?
What is the use of Propeller Shaft in each and every vehicle and also plz tell me what is the difference between Front Wheel , Rear Wheel and Four Wheel...
The Third IdeasEmotion Based Music Player: A music player that presents you a playlist based on yourmood.So when you come back home from office having messed up an assignment your...
Hello!!! i have to make a project in management information System, i am totally confused,can any one suggest me any idea about the project. . .?
Usually, a human over 18 years of age is considered as an 'adult'; meaning he/she is sensible enough to take the decisions on their own based on their conscience &...